X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crankshaft
    replied
    goodluck to all
    Last edited by crankshaft; 10-10-2007, 08:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vmaq2plb
    replied
    thanks callaway75. Are all uniforms provided at the academy?

Leave a comment:

• callaway75
    replied
    No weekends or holidays. Weekdays only...

Leave a comment:

• vmaq2plb
    replied
    Some really great info here. Thanks for the posts. So the Sept. class could be 14 weeks? What about the weekends? Is it only Monday thru Friday training?

Leave a comment:

• crankshaft
    replied
    I heard that the big push for the 14 week program was to have more company operations days. And I think less night classes.

Should be interesting, I predict there will be more hands on but more between the recruits.

Leave a comment:

• FFEMT99
    replied
    September Class

Any news on the September class? What is being added to extend it 4 weeks?I would also like to hear any input from guys currently in the academy. What do you think so far?

Leave a comment:

• PurplePants8
    replied
    Just waiting for my background to go thru. He has called about 20 people but insists on calling more. So just waitng on him really.

Leave a comment:

• PapaGanoush
    replied
    Originally posted by callaway75 View Post
    The instructors from Hartford are a great bunch of guys, pay attention because they know their s##t.
    Just because they are from Hartford does not mean they should be idolized or the other instructors aren't as good.

Beware of the 2 and 20 instructors...they aren't as respected among their peers as you might think!

Leave a comment:

• 123fire
    replied
    Purplepants have you heard anything yet?

Leave a comment:

• kck857
    replied
    Good luck with all the hands on with 70+.

Leave a comment:

• callaway75
    replied
    Hey Mycareer, are you referring to Holy Mustache, IT?

Leave a comment:

• Mycareer
    replied
    Down to 68

The class size is down to 68. Stamford dropped their guys out. And they are bunking up 2 to a room> this is from one of the lead instructors that I work with

Leave a comment:

• DeputyMarshal
    replied
    Originally posted by TurkII View Post
    That doesn't fix the bunking problem though! I don't know if they're going to double up everyone in each bunk room or have people stay off site???????????
    With any luck it will encourge them to drop the mandatory "sleep at the academy" rules. Originally it was optional to stay at the Academy during recruit school except for one or two weeks for night classes. It's only been recently that all recruits were required to stay there for the whole course.

Leave a comment:

• KeithA8
    replied
    puplepants8,
    Don't kid yourself they said they would change the pants 15 years ago when I was there. It will never happen!!! You will be the burgandy brigade forever!!! Vern loves that you stand out from all the other EMS companies.

Congrats to class 38 from class 12!

Leave a comment:

• callaway75
    replied
    By the way, Congratulations to those of you that will be in class 38!! Enjoy it, the 10 and a half weeks goes by very fast, and believe it or not, you will miss it a little when you leave.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X