New Britain Oral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Scotts48
    Did you ever get to NB Personel and get a copy of that list?

Comment

Negative man, got caught up in overtime this week. Ill try to get there asap though.

Comment

Sorry to inform yall, but if you didn't get a letter for a second interview you will have to wait because they have been hiring those guys and Girls. Sounds like a lot more people leaving over the near future. Possible for another big hire for the summer.

Comment

KCK, where are you from???? I know someone in NB with those initials

Comment

Tight quarters at the academy.

I can confirm that there will be 70+ in the March academy and the next class is shaping up to be just as big. CFA has had to order bunk beds for all dorm rooms to accommodate the influx and schedule extra burn days in Springfield so everyone can get some play time.

If you made it, congratulations. Be prepared for a few bumps along the way as they have never had a class this big before and are still trying to figure out how to make it all work. They're getting pointers from the folks at the Mass Fire Academy where they've been dealing with oversized classes in an undersized facility for three years now.

Comment

70+ at CFA. Good luck to that class, that will be a nightmare. I went through a few classes ago with 20+ and they had trouble with the size, they are nowhere close to set up for a class that large. Did they switch to 14 weeks yet? They will have to soon if they increase class sizes like that. Good luck to you guys!!
              Last edited by callaway75; 02-04-2007, 01:13 PM. Reason: miss type

Comment

Well I have a 99 avg score and here I sit... So dont feel bad anyone, regardless of score.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaneb911 View Post
                  Well I have a 99 avg score and here I sit... So dont feel bad anyone, regardless of score.
                  Ummm... yeah.... NO ONE has a 99 average score...

We have the lists printed by overall score order at the firehouses and I have a copy of the list from personnel (in order by name) on my lap.... that 94 was after the 5 vet points, not before... if I'm looking at the right "Shane B".
                  IACOJ Agitator
                  Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

Originally posted by Adze39 View Post
                    Ummm... yeah.... NO ONE has a 99 average score...

We have the lists printed by overall score order at the firehouses and I have a copy of the list from personnel (in order by name) on my lap.... that 94 was after the 5 vet points, not before... if I'm looking at the right "Shane B".
                    HA, thats funny, good call out Adze.

Comment

Before you try to make someone look bad why dont you get more facts... Is that the list that they put out BEFORE correcting themselves? Like forgetting to add the other 5 points for my disabled vet points for a TOTAL of 10 to make it a 99. And ya, I am that Shane B. And very proud of those vet points.

My post was not to boast or have any other ill intention it was mearly to sympathize with other canidates who are high on the list and did not recieve a letter this month. So to the canidates and firefighters of New Britain good luck and hope to meet/work with you soon.
                      Last edited by Shaneb911; 02-09-2007, 09:54 PM.

Comment

does NB give 5 points for disabled?

Comment

Most departments including New Britain offer 5 points for Veterans with an honorable discharge and another 5 points for VA acknowledged disabilities. But you should be carefull that the injury isnt too big that it would disqualify. You have to ask each human resources dept. I have found that almost all dont even advertise unless you ask.

Good Luck! BTW are you VA connected veteran?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaneb911 View Post
                            And very proud of those vet points.
                            And you should be proud! I wasn't trying to knock you for having vet points.

Regardless of the extra 5 or not, you are pretty high on the list... if it was ranked... good luck to you, sorry if I sounded like a dick. Our common friend assured me you had the 5 disabled vet points.

I believe they should hire by score, so I hope to see you on the job in the future!
                            IACOJ Agitator
                            Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

Guys check this site out. Not related to this forum but very interesting reading.

http://www.helplawlor.com/

Comment

Anyone know how many more there looking to take off this list? I heard 15 for the June class and maybe another 15 next year.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X