X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adze -

Thanks for the info.

How many spare packs do they have?

How many of the 26 opennings talked about would have to be filled?

thanks

Comment

Adze,

I understand the city isn't required to fill each and every one of all those positions with permanent people, but those staffing levels for each piece are still correct, right? They would just be filled on the day to day shift with people working OT, or would a crew run with one less person on any given shift?

thanks...

Comment

It is in our contract to run with 4 men on our engine companies, 4 on the Ladder and Truck, and 3 on the Rescue, however the city isn't required to fill all of our vacancies to the maximum staffing level.

Comment

Originally posted by bigredgofast View Post
          Adze,

I understand the city isn't required to fill each and every one of all those positions with permanent people, but those staffing levels for each piece are still correct, right? They would just be filled on the day to day shift with people working OT, or would a crew run with one less person on any given shift?

thanks...

All the spots on the apparatus are filled with OT. NB does not run short.
          IACOJ Agitator
          Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

Letters are out. No ranking though, will they eventually tell you where you rank? And what does "rule of the list" really mean?

Comment

got oral results letter today (85.5), how did everyone else do on the orals?

Comment

Originally posted by ucanfollowme View Post
                Letters are out. No ranking though, will they eventually tell you where you rank? And what does "rule of the list" really mean?
                Rule of the list means they hire whoever they want. You could be number 1 and they could hire number 101 over you. They dont tell you what you rank because of that.

Comment

Scott- Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know exactly what NB FD is looking for in a canidate?

Do certs matter? Being a resident? Minority? EMS backgrounds?

thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by spostemsky21 View Post
                    got oral results letter today (85.5), how did everyone else do on the orals?
                    I failed the oral a couple years back, this time I got a 90.67

Comment

Originally posted by ucanfollowme View Post
                      Scott- Thanks for the info.

thanks for the info
                      They are probably looking for someone they know.

Comment

thanks for the info

In response to this it is my understanding as others have said that they will take who they want. Last time around I was told it was extremely political and they were getting pressured to fufill affirmative action requirements. As for certs, NB has EMS and all they require of firefighters is to be an MRT as they are 1st responders. I am sure having more can't hurt you, but ya never know. Being a minority and a resident and female I'm sure will only boost your chances in getting into there Dept. Its frustrating to me to bust your *** on the test and oral to not have it ranked and have them pick who they want from the list. I haven't recieved my results yet, hopefully they'll come in the mail today.

Good Luck
                        Cheers
                        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark21 View Post
                          Being a minority and a resident and female I'm sure will only boost your chances in getting into there Dept.
                          Understatement of the year!

Off the last list, they hired 6 classes. Up until the last class, only 3 people off the Top 10 (if it was ranked and not BS) were hired (1 was offered but turned down the job because he had a better offer). They finally offered jobs to the other people in the Top 10 for the last class.
                          IACOJ Agitator
                          Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

New Britain, I heard is a very good dept to work for. Does anyone know the starting pay and is it 25 years for retirement?

Comment

Got my letter on Friday, 92.5 for the oral. I know there is no ranking right now but what is there process from here on out? I've heard that they do another oral with the Chief or Asst. Chiefs. Does anyone know if this is true or not? What's the process?
                              Thanks

Comment

Mark, was your oral 92.5 or your total. I haven't heard anything about another interview.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X