New Britain Oral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Britain Oral

Got my letter yesterday with written score and invite to the oral on the 4th and 5th. Anyone know how many are going to the oral? I called today but I must have missed them, will schedule with them tomorrow I guess.

Originally posted by Mark21 View Post
    Got my letter yesterday with written score and invite to the oral on the 4th and 5th. Anyone know how many are going to the oral? I called today but I must have missed them, will schedule with them tomorrow I guess.

168 passed the written, all were invited to the orals. I confirmed that this morning.

Comment

What was passing?

Comment

don't know what passing was. Given the large number of folks I'm sure they pushed that number higher to thin out the crowd

Comment

you needed a 70 or better..

Comment

you needed a 70 or better..

Comment

How many are they hiring?

I have heard estimates from 6 to 10, but does anyone know how many New Britain is looking to hire? Hopefully we can expect to hear something before March as that's when the first 2007 recruit class will get started.

If you look at the roster on the union website -http://nbfire.us/ - taking into consideration 4 on each engine and ladder, and 3 on the rescue, I count 26 open postions. Perhaps the roster poster there is out-dated?

Does anyone know what the scheduling is 24 on, 72 off?

Thanks...

Comment

I heard 7 in March and 5 in July. But rumors all rumors. I wondering how many canidates they kept on the last list, I heard it was about 70-80, which means about 100 or so will fail this oral.

Comment

You gota remember that it is rule of the list so it doesnt matter what rank you are, they hired whomever they wanted last time. As far as keeping people no one carried over from the last list if thats what you mean? They have 5 slots for the march class and 5 for the june class and no word on the sept class. Only time will tell. It was a good oral though, a few different questions, but never the less good.
                  Last edited by scotts48; 01-08-2007, 04:25 PM.

Comment

I was trying to figure how many they would be failing off this oral exam and keeping on the list.
                    It was a pretty basic oral I didnt care for the amount of different groups interviewers but I guess they all pretty much grade the same way.

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                      Last edited by EPatz33; 01-08-2007, 06:28 PM.

Comment

There was 5 different boards going on at once i think. I also noticed that they had today set as one of the dates on the page they make you sign. Anyhow best of luck. Which board did you have?

Comment

NBFD---Training is looking for 15 packs w/ masks for March CFA!

Comment

Originally posted by kck857 View Post
                            kck857- what town did you grow up in?? the initials sound familiar

Comment

Originally posted by kck857 View Post
                              Too bad New Britain doesn't have that many spare packs...

That roster on the website is out of date. As far as the 26 spots mentioned, the city isn't obligated to fill all those spots per the contract.
                              IACOJ Agitator
                              Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...