Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

New Haven CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accordinbg to a story to be published in Wed Danbury Newstimes, he is # 1 on thier list.

Comment

• thats insane

Comment

• Anyone get a letter yet?

Comment

• nuthin' yet here

Comment

• Originally posted by REDRIVER6 View Post
            Accordinbg to a story to be published in Wed Danbury Newstimes, he is # 1 on thier list.
            He is in the high 50's. I belive I read in the New Haven Register that he is 56 or 58.

Comment

• Originally posted by DDD123 View Post
              Anyone get a letter yet?

Letters went out on Wendsday. I went to HR on Thursday and looked at the list. There are 2 100's at the top of the list. I am ranked in a good spot. If they do use the list and with a little luck I may be able to get into the next class. If they do a second class like has been mentioned I'm in the front portion of that group. This is assuming that they take 26 for this class then another 20-25 for a second one at the begining of 08'.

Comment

• How does this list work?

Got mine today.
                The letter says there are 83 ranks on the list and that ranks go in descending order- if someone is in the 50's what does that mean? I remember one of the HR people at the agility saying that hiring/conditonal job offers would go out to every one out of three ranks. I'm not sure I understand how any of this works. Does this mean even if you are at the top of the list you have the same 1 in three chance as anyone else?
                Any light you guys can shed on this would be appreciated!
                Jack

Comment

• Has any one heard anything new yet? When and if they are going to hire?

Comment

• Still no word. I have heard rumors within the dept. that they may let the list expire after 1 year without any new hires and start the whole process over again. There are soo may rumors out there that I won't belive it untill it happens. I have also heard that the new contract requires minimum staffing and that they can no longer take engines out of service to cut back on OT. If this is true then thay will have to hire due to the OT budget being reduced this year. Only time will tell I guess.

Comment

• New Haven hiring on hold

See this article http://www.nhregister.com/site/news....d=590581&rfi=6 from the New Haven Register. Apparently the aldermen withdrew funding for academy classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTJAKE View Post
                        the test is a scam
                        And a waste of time and money. I told you guys this back in December.

Wasn't making it up.

Comment

• The fire union is very powerful. If they dont get to hire who they want, nobody gets hired. Consider this a dead issue, no one will be hired from this list. They will let this list expire after one year, just in time for the new fiscal year. Better luck next time.

Comment

• FFEMT99 it just isn't the Union. it also is the bleeding heart politicians who say there aren't enough minority candidates. So they will retest and lower the standards again!!! to satisfy the "makeup" of the city.

Comment

• expire?

Some where in my material it says the list is good for 2 years. Does anyone know how many candidates are Ranked between 1-10?

Comment

• I heard that they were going to either throw the list out or let it expire.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X