Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is it going with the Hartford testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeithA8- I have read alot of your posts. You bring too much negativity to these forums. I'm a pro-union guy, but i dont nearly take it as far as you do. You say you have no problems with voluteering and volunteers in other departments, but you are quick to jump down the throats of those who dont have all the facts or are misinformed about the precious IAFF. Also, the whole union/volunteer thing is totally about greed. A firefighter is a firefighter day in and day out. No matter which way you cut it. What happened to the "Brotherhood"? Is that reserved for just the union, I dont think so. I also wouldn't brag that you are part of W.Hartford and talk all this union mumbo-jumbo, b/c last time i checked the town i used to volunteer in provided mutal aid quite a few times to you guys in the previous year or so, even going to work at one of the fires.
    Last edited by scotts48; 12-05-2006, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Good luck to all taking the Hartford test.

Comment

scotts48,
        Negativity? Who's throwing stones here? I totally understand the veiws of volunteers and truely have no problem with them at all. I have many dear friends of mine who volunteer. The issue I have is when an IAFF member chooses to ignore his oath and undermine the locals ability to bargain in good faith.

The precious IAFF? Yes it is precious to me and almost all of its members. Unless you become one, I guess you will not understand the importance of the precious IAFF. The IAFF has done more for the fire service for both career and volunteer members than any other orginization, so I'll say you're welcome. What do you do for a living?

Union/volunteer thing totaly about greed? How so?

Brotherhood? It is a brotherhood - brother. I have absolutely nothing against you or your dept. (Newington?) Or any other dept for that matter.

Brag about West Hartford? Who's braging? I have just stated a few times where I'm from. I have nothing to hide. Has anyone ever slighted you at a mutual aid call? I don't think so. Several times Newington has covered my station and we always thank them for their time. Do they ever call us? NEVER!!! The few jobs I've been to in Newington were border boxs. By the way it's not up to the IAFF who comes in on mutual aid. It's the chiefs discretion.

I think you have me all wrong. You should go back and read all of my posts. Then judge me.
        IAFF member, Love this job! Remember the oath!

Comment

LOL..... here we go again, Cant' we all get along during the holidays.....

Comment

Maximfire,
            This guy just doesn't know me. You are a prime example of my dear volunteer friends. Do we have a problem? And we worked in the same dept, I was career and you were volunteer. We both started out as volunteers almost the same year together. I realize my position on the whole thing is a strong one, but if this was his livelyhood he would feel the same way. I hope.

Comment

Yeah theres a problem, you got on the job before me ..........lol, but no there was never a problem....

Have good holiday my dear Career friend...

Comment

Love you too buddy!

Comment

Scotts48,
                  Where are you? I'm looking for answers.

Comment

Oral Exam!!!!

I took the oral exam today and think I did pretty well but that probably means I did terrible!!! Anyone else take it yet? How do you think you did? Is it graded or is it pass/fail? When will the results come out and what's the next step? Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

New test

Has anyone herd the rumor that Hartford plans on administering another test? I herd that they did not receive the numbers they needed on the residence only test. Any info would be helpful.

Comment

I haven't heard anything like that but I do know they had 454 applicants and I counted about 350 that showed up to the written. I don't know hao many passed but I just took the oral Monday. If you hear anything else let me know and I'll do the same.

Comment

Rumor is that Hartford is trying to get CPAT indoors. Now that the oral boards are finished that is the last step before chiefs interviews. By the way the Hartford oral board was the worst one I have ever been s part of. Terrible questions!

Comment

what did they ask?

Comment

Yes most interested, what did they ask for oral questions that they were the worst?

Comment

The questions were straight foward. There was no disecting the question, it was thrown out there to answer. It was a simple oral not a complicated one like some others. If you went over answers to the standard oral questions then you shouldnt have had a problem. Just my opinion though. Best of luck guys. We should hear more in the first weeks of the new year. Happy New Year.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X