Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

How is it going with the Hartford testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is it going with the Hartford testing?

Just wondering what was going on with everyone that took the Hartford test? Did they have the written yet, are they looking to hire alot of firefighters? Good luck to anyone that did take the test.

Rumor has it that they are going to put 70 on.
    IAFF member, Love this job! Remember the oath!

Comment

uhh hartford had a test? i guess i missed that one.

Comment

Written test was last week of October, results should be out soon, we are currently down 60-70 with more retirements expected over the next year, this will all result in a lot of people being hired off this list. This should be one of the best lists to be on in recent years, probably 100 or more should be hired from this list

Comment

how big of a department is hartford?

Comment

http://www.hartford.gov/fire/

They have a decent amount of equipment. I believe their rescue truck (tac 1) was listed as one of the busiest rescue companies in the country a few years back not sure about now.

Comment

thanks for the link, just curious on how big they are since they planned to hire so many, i had an idea but the website made it much more clear

Comment

Steeda83:
                Hartford is not that big. It's smaller than Providence but it's a depressed city outside of the central "business" district. It's one of those citys that everyone works there but no one lives there. It's sometimes called the new Detroit. I'm not sure how many square miles it is but it's not much. The city gets a boat load of fire for being so small. Nationally they are one of the busiest depts if you look at runs per company. They have the busiest rescue in the country beating out FDNY. The joke in my dept is that once you cross Prospect Avenue the oxygen level drops and that's why we don't get the fires Hartford does. I don't have the numbers but their run survey is impressive. We also joke that their first alarm assignment is more than we have on duty. We only run five companies plus a battalion chief.

Comment

Hartford

It is 18 sq miles w/10 engines, 5 ladders, 1 tac unit. I think they run 4 on all maybe 5 on the tac

Comment

I just recieved my letter today stating I passed the written and have the oral on the 11th. Any words of advice? What's the deal with the agility? Are they using the CPAT or do they even have an agillity? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

The rumor I heard is that they ditched the CPAT to get more types of people to pass. Now I Geuss it's just a 2 mile run. I know in past years the accademy was the agility.

Comment

MyCareer, there are 11 engines not 10, minimum staffing 4 per company (17 companies) plus 2 district (deputy) chiefs each with an aide, minimum shift strength 72. We run about 22,000 incidents per year with engine company responses ranging from 1200 (slowest) to 3600+ for the busiest, trucks range in the 2000 range with the tac doing 5000+. Sometimes the tac runs with 5 as well as some trucks. The only fact regarding CPAT is there is nothing official as to what the agility will be only that the CPAT was used on the last test.

Comment

I heard the rumor that Hartford will be testing again?? Not enough applicants the first round? Or somthing, anyone hear the same?

Comment

Hey anyone know when and why Hartford is making their guys leave their volunteer departments? Or is this just a rumor.

Comment

jfav81,
                              Are you kidding? Do a search on these forums and you will see.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X