Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

uconn hiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uconn hiring

I see uconn is hiring for "Firefighter / Fire Inspector (two positions)". does anyone know if the 2 positions are one firefighter and one fire inspector? or 2 combo positions?

don't know for sure, but knowing college FDs pretty well, I can say with almost complete certainty that the position is for a combination position. Your primary job will be as a fire inspector, and you will be doing suppression tactics as either a first responder or in support of the local FD.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

I belive its a combo position with doing inspections, but when the tones drop, you are the fire department. I also think you needed to take the test that was offered in April 06. The pay is just over $15.00/hr and its rotating shifts, 3 days 3 off 3 nights 3 off. The positions are @ Storrs and I am sure that they are looking to fill them for the CFA Oct 06 class. Also, they are looking for people with certificates and quilifications. It will "assisit in finding an approprate candidate for the department"

Comment

It's a relatively new unit at UConn -- the reorganized Fire Marshal / Building Inspector in the wake of all the "issues" they've had there. Certainly can't object to them being combo positions, since the old FD structure was woefully understaffed (IIRC Officer + 4 FFs staffing 2 Engines, 1 Tower, & 2 Ambulances per shift...having taken classes years ago with a UConn LT, there was times he was left to drive the engine alone to fire alarms...)

Anyway, my one ??? is the $15/hr seems real low. That's a Protective Services Grade 1 / Step 1 rate. If that's what was quoted by someone at UConn, I'd just inquire if that's a rate during training @ CFA or something.

According to the State Dept. Administrative Services UConn firefighters are classified to start at PS Grade 13 / Step 1, which is $23.68/hr. I would think the inspector certifications should get a premium.

Comment

looks like they revised the posting so that the job title is "firefighter" now. same description though.

Comment

A lot of misinformation out there; the positions are somewhat combo but the priority will be on the fire inspector stuff, with overtime allowed on the fire floor. The low payrate is during the probationary period (6 months) where you are classified within the state as a "trainee". After your 6 month probie time you earn Protective Services paygrade 13 step 1 (around 20-22/ hr; doesn't include weekend and shift diff either though ++). One of the positions is just for FF, no fire inspectoring at all.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X