No announcement yet.

Long Hills Tower Ladder complete.. to be delivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is either real good computer editing, or that is the actual picture that was taken, because it really looks like that face goes with that body

Comment

I would like to thank Nicolas for inviting us to thier little party on Monday.

Lets do it again sometime!!

Comment

LOL!

That's a great look for Greg, makes him look a lot less "husky".

"The hero is commonly the simplest and obscurest of men."
        -Henry David Thoreau

Visit my dept. at www.TCFD.com

Comment

Originally posted by drkblram
          cap't, 307 is "acting 304" right now, so it can and should respond 2nd or 3rd out for structural calls.
          If you say so. Acting or not, its a pickup............

.......at least we have suppression capabilities on ours.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

107 w/1 or 205 w/1, whats the difference? They only tool we usually need in Trumbull is a radio.
            Not to get you guys off track, but when you exit the truck after arriving on scene of a fire alarm what do you normally have with you for tools/scba.

For clarification, You pull up to the address...are you guys packed up? Do you have a set of irons ready? Handlights?

Ever since joining Vernon I have been a huge advocate of arriving at any call prepared like you would a structure fire. When we get off the truck we are all packed up. Everyone has handlights and 2 guys have a set of irons before the first persons foot touches the asphalt. One FF grabs the water extinguisher and another grabs a closet hook. Obviously depending upon the crew we pull. The least would be 2 guys with irons. I really wish that we would wrap hydrants on all of our fire alarms. People say that we arent a paid fire department. That we dont get paid to pack hose at all of our fire alarms. I call it practice. Im sure it will bite us in the rear one day.

Anyhow, Im just curious as to your department/company procedures.

Thanks for you input!

Comment

TVFDT141,

Our guys are expected to get off the truck will full PPE and SCBA for all alarms except brush fires and extrication/fluid spills. They are also expected to have equipment, irons, can, TIC, etc, depending on crew size.

There is a handlight for each riding position, so there is no reason why each guy doesn't get off the truck without a light.

As far as wrapping the hydrant on every call, I disagree with you. I think that it would get old real quick, especially since the majority of alarms are activated alarms, CO calls, etc. What we normally do is stage the second due at the hydrant and they could lay in if needed.
              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by drkblram
                capt' not going to argue the point with you, all I was say was that 307 was responding in accordance to dept. SOG's. Which limit it's use RE responding to calls.
                Relax, I was joking with you.
                -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

ok ive been gone for a while but Steve your lucky im not a dork like you or i would modify a pic to get back at you...although i give you credit that was funny.

Comment

In Long hill our procedures are pretty much the same except when we get a confirmation from a homeowner when we get there thats its BS (like usual) we dont have to go in w/ packs and crap. Just for the record in a commercial building and only a commercial building if we have any sign of smoke or fire we will hook up to the connection and hydrant just to be on the safe side but we dont do it all the time.

Comment

I knew you were standing there thats why i said it..just bustin balls, didn't you hear me ask joe if you were there
                      Last edited by 3satellite; 10-31-2003, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Greg is the king of bustin em on people...
                        Ladders dont put out fires... water puts out fires... engines companies rule.

Comment

Soooooooo to my brother departments in the town of Trumbull no one would have any idea who barrier taped the doors at my Sta.2 to the point where i stood outside for 2 minutes ripping it down on my way to a call now would they!!??

Comment

Same to TC station 2 but not nearly as bad. Nichols... a call?

Comment

Sorry, thats Long Hill, nevermind. I hear Trumbull center got a free toilet out of the night though.

Comment

I think all my brothers in Long Hill should be preparing for their next JOB.

With Nichoals and Trumbull Center just having structure fires, I think Long Hill next. Just dont hesitate to invite us to the party.

Thanks to eveyones help last night, It was a great knock down and every one did a great job.

see ya at the next one.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X