Long Hills Tower Ladder complete.. to be delivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Hills Tower Ladder complete.. to be delivered

Long Hills site is reporting that Tower Ladder 4 is finished.. go to the link below to see the completed pictures.

http://www.longhillfd.com/LT204/
    Ladders dont put out fires... water puts out fires... engines companies rule.

Its delivered. Stopped by last night to see it. Big truck. Looks good.

Hopefully they will have good luck with it.
    "The hero is commonly the simplest and obscurest of men."
    -Henry David Thoreau

Visit my dept. at www.TCFD.com

Comment

Too bad they had to cut the soffit to get it in the firehouse.
      Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way.

Comment

I heard they also had to re-work the curbs on Rte 111 too. Old Ladder4 was a fun sight to watch when they were backing it up. I can only imagine backing that beast in.

Comment

I hate when people talk about things they dont know about first we did not need to rework the curbs near the firehouse might i remind you Trumbull Centers truck is two feet longer than ours is now. No where in the town have we had a problem setting up or manuvering throughout. The truck is excatly the way we planned it is beautiful. As far as cutting the sofits yes we did, But only to give us just some more breathing room the truck would have fit without cutting the sofits but we figured why not cut them to give us more room(makes sense no?) We are working dilligently to get trained and familiarize ourselves with the truck. Should be in service within two weeks.

Comment

its a nice looking truck.
            Jaime
            No longer an explorer-
            Currently Keene State College Class of 2008
            KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
            I shed blood for my ruggers.
            <forever ruggers, forever sisters>
            www.kscwrfc.org

All gave some, some gave all. Gone but not forgotten. 9/11/01

Comment

I hate when people talk about things they dont know about first we did not need to rework the curbs near the firehouse might i remind you Trumbull Centers truck is two feet longer than ours is now. No where in the town have we had a problem setting up or manuvering throughout. The truck is excatly the way we planned it is beautiful. As far as cutting the sofits yes we did, But only to give us just some more breathing room the truck would have fit without cutting the sofits but we figured why not cut them to give us more room(makes sense no?) We are working dilligently to get trained and familiarize ourselves with the truck. Should be in service within two weeks.

WOW...dude, why dont you just take the compliments that people are giving you for your truck and run with them.

BTW, what was the cost of your truck? And are the stats on your web site up to date. Meaning...do you still run 800 fire and medicals. Is this number combined? Or is each separte?

Also, whats your tallest building in town to justify a 102ft aerial. Or do your houses sit far off the road? Not bashing your truck by any means. I just dont know anything about Trumbull.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TVFDT141

Meaning...do you still run 800 fire and medicals. Is this number combined? Or is each separte?
                Separate, the three depts. in town all run over 800 calls a year, no medical. Townwide fire calls for the year are around 1300. EMS runs about 2500+ calls a year

Also, whats your tallest building in town to justify a 102ft aerial. Or do your houses sit far off the road? Not bashing your truck by any means. I just dont know anything about Trumbull.

Thanks
                There are a couple of 5 story buildings in town, however, there are alot of 2 and 3 story commercial buildings where you need the reach of a 102' ladder.
                "The hero is commonly the simplest and obscurest of men."
                -Henry David Thoreau

Visit my dept. at www.TCFD.com

Comment

Thanks for the responce. Vernon is very similar but we have an EMS side to our department. We run about 1000 fire calls and about 2500 medicals a year. We have a few building in town that would require the use of aerials. Hence we have a 95' rear mount E-One and our new 95' Mid Mount E-One. I saw a KME at the State Convention. They are sharp looking trucks.

Comment

Don't worry bout Greg (3Sattelite)... he just needs more fiber in the diet. Beautiful truck Greg anyways... Can't wait to see it

Comment

Thank you Steve I always wondered what was missing from my diet. As far as everyone who has complimentd the truck thank you i put alot of time in designing the front door emblem and the striping. Thanks again.

Comment

Final Cost for the tower is about 720,000

Comment

More questions of curiostiy. Does it have a pump? If so, how many gallons is your tank and how many GPM is the pump capable of.

We just got Tower 141 which is a 2003 95' E-One Mid Mount. It has a 280 gallon tank with a 2000 GPM pump. He has flown 1200 GPM at the tip. This was with the aerial straight up and fully extended. We carry 3 pre connects. Two 1 3/4 and a 2 1/2. We came to 806,000. Far from Warehouse Point who bought their Pierce for over 900,000. Without pump. They must love Broad Brooks new ET.

Take a look if you care.
                          http://www.vernonfire.com/events/new...41visit_73.jpg

Once again nice truck. Good luck to you guys.

Comment

To answer your question yes we have a pump. OUr truck carries 300 gallons has a 2000gpm pump. We flowed 1500 gpm through both tips the other night we carry 3 lines 1- 1 3/4 1- 2 1/2 and 1 trash line 1" we also have a 15kw hydraulic generator theres not much our truck doesnt have, unfortunately our cheif wouldnt allow a cd player....

Comment

Here is your problem. You called it a "CD Player" Its called a weather radio. Ya we got that!

Its nice not having to rely on an engine company to supply you with water.

One this I wish we had done was a raised cab...Those are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X