State Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Convention

Just wanted to say Good Luck to all of you participating.

I'm hoping that the Best Appearing Overall plaque stays in Trumbull!!

Later.
    "The hero is commonly the simplest and obscurest of men."
    -Henry David Thoreau

Visit my dept. at www.TCFD.com

Trumbull would be nice....but Southington would be better
    Good luck to you guys and everyone else attending...
    See ya Sunday

Comment

Anyone else disqualified?

I didn't go but Broad Brook was disqualified...the reason given: They only had 4 marchers and needed at least 6!!! None of us ever heard of that rule, has anyone here?

Congrats to Warehouse Point for winning with their new piece.
      IACOJ Agitator
      Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

Hey all,
        just wanted to say hats off to the guys at southington great job guys and great looking piece! what a great day at the convention. I didnt get to see many pieces, how did they look? Again great job southington!

Comment

Originally posted by Adze39
          I didn't go but Broad Brook was disqualified...the reason given: They only had 4 marchers and needed at least 6!!! None of us ever heard of that rule, has anyone here?
          There's been a minimum number of marchers required for a long time. We got disqualified from a parade a few years ago because we took one of the guys in line and put him in the color guard so we could have a 4 man CG. When we looked at the score sheets after trophies we found out we weren't even scored since we only had 5 in line instead of six.

If I remember correctly from the judges class I went to, they said the minimums are 6 marchers for the FD, 5 for juniors, and 5 for the ladies aux.
          EMT-I
          ~
          "Courage is not the lack of fear...
          It's acting in spite of it.
          "
          ~Mark Twain~

Comment

Hey, Southington congrats on winning Best appearing Apparatus That truck never looked better nice job !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hey whats this i hear east great plain got screwed for best aerial? i have been hearing rumor that the judges took off points for them not appearing in any other parade this year? can anyone give some insite on this? that truck looked damn good and many people had said so. Nichols has a nice truck but didnt look as good. Are the judges paid off? I do have to say to my boys from southington good job guys. hope you all enjoyed "tea time" and had a few for me since i didnt have any. see ya next year hopefully

Comment

I believe you have to appear in at least three parade with that piece to qualify for judging at the state convention. As for the judges being paid off I highly doubt it those guys are as professional as they come . If you want to check out the rules for judging you should go to the state of CT. parade marshalls website and see for yourself!

Comment

What is the site? The site they used to have is no longer up and running.
                  IACOJ Agitator
                  Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

anyone who is mad about the results from the convention you have to under stand it is what it is so lets just getin it done next year man

go with your message k.
                    Last edited by secret; 09-25-2003, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Can't we all just get along ????

Comment

Originally posted by madrizzo
                        hey whats this i hear east great plain got screwed for best aerial? i have been hearing rumor that the judges took off points for them not appearing in any other parade this year? can anyone give some insite on this? that truck looked damn good and many people had said so. Nichols has a nice truck but didnt look as good. Are the judges paid off? I do have to say to my boys from southington good job guys. hope you all enjoyed "tea time" and had a few for me since i didnt have any. see ya next year hopefully
                        You need to attend 3 parades throughout the year in order to qualify for the "Best Appearing" plaque, that's it.

Did they get screwed or beat? Its all in the interpretation.
                        "The hero is commonly the simplest and obscurest of men."
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Visit my dept. at www.TCFD.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...