what's california looking for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's california looking for?

There is a very good chance that I will be moving to california in the next couple of years (to Lodi...an hour outisde of sacramento) and was wondering what the fire depts are looking for in an applicant. I currently live in Illinois an I am on a volunteer dept and plan on going career after school. I have my EMT-B, and am currently working on my Fire Apparatus Engineer certification, and in the next year should be FF2 certified. I know out here anymore, they want you to be FF2/Paramedic before they even consider you (atleast up north that is...)
    Any info on what Fire Depts in Northern California are looking for would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jared

Stay Safe!

Most departments in CA are looking to hire Paramedics for Firefighter/Paramedic spots. If you do not have any CA fire certs (FF1, EMT), you will have to start from step 1 and attend a college level academy or get sponsored by a department. (sorry)

If you are a Federal Firefighter (GS-081), you can transfer in and they will assist you in getting the proper California State Fire Marshal (CSFM) paperwork and certifications.

You can him me back in a PM for check out the website in my signature box for more information.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 04-06-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

thanks, I was also wondering how I would going about becoming a federal firefighter?

Comment

CALFFBOU, when your saying "FF1" cert, is this with a college? I was thinking of take a Firefighter 1 Basic Fire Academy with my college next semester..

Comment

adlx21 turn on your private mail.
          IAFF

Comment

ok, sorry..

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse