Wanting to join PFD, need some tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to join PFD, need some tips

When I finish my enlistment in 2011 from the USAF I want to move back home to Phoenix and be a firefighter there, Ive heard its a REALLY REALLY hard process to get hired, so whats some good tips I can use for getting hired?

Im already working on my fire science degree, and EMT training with my fire dept I volunteer for, plus being prior military has to help I'd imagine? The written and physical test are up to me and me alone and then the 2 interviews after that.. any tips/tricks would be great thanks!

It is hard to get hired in Phoenix, but not any more than most large departments. The best thing is to learn as much about any organization that you want to work for. Work on your interview skills. The best way to learn is to go to a fire station, introduce yourself and let them know you are interested. We have a citizen observer program and most Phoenix firefighters are more than willing to talk to you and assist you. remember that your reputation starts the day you wlak into the station, so act accordingly, help out work wise where you can. Same stuff you are doing now. The internet has lots of information on our organizational values and goals. start there and hope to see you out there. Alex

Comment

good to know...if i may ask (I am in similar situation) what house are you with?

Comment

Originally posted by Witoo1991
        You have shared a very useful post and I liked it. I love to read about these types of posts as they are very informative. By the way, do you guys know someone who could do my assignment for me as I would like to use their services for some of my college works? I would really appreciate the help.

plagiarism is defined as “deliberate or reckless representation of another’s words, thoughts, or ideas as one’s own without attribution in connection with submission of academic work, whether graded or otherwise” (Instrument of Student Judicial Governance 5). Because it is considered a form of cheating,
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

plagiarism is defined as “deliberate or reckless representation of another’s words, thoughts, or ideas as one’s own without attribution in connection with submission of academic work, whether graded or otherwise” (Instrument of Student Judicial Governance 5). Because it is considered a form of cheating,
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X