Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 911brute
    replied
    I spoke to Fairbanks FD this week and in the next 2-3 months they will be accepting applications. she didnt know if there would be hiring but they will be receiving them and starting the eligibility list around May 2012.

Leave a comment:

• JHR1985
    replied
    the weather in Fairbanks kind of scares me. I was hoping somewhere along the coast, Kenai pennisula or the souther part near canada.

Thanks for the insight though.

Leave a comment:

• AKflightmedic
    replied
    http://www.911hotjobs.com/find-a-job...ls.asp?id=4004

Recruit Firefighter - Fairbanks, AK
    Closing Date
    3/1/2010

Description
    Under close supervision of Company Officers, performs entry-level work in the prevention and suppression of fires. Also serves as a medical responders on an ambulance crew.
    Assignments as a recruit firefighter on an assigned shift include, but are not limited to: responds to fires and other emergency scenes and renders emergency services as appropriate; participates in classes and drills to maintain proficiency; assists with inspection of buildings as assigned; provides public education through station tours and various other programs; performs equipment checks as required; performs station housekeeping maintenance; and other duties as assigned.

Requirements
    Persons applying for this position should have the following experience and/or training; Must be a High School graduate or equivalent; Applicant must be at least 18 years of age at time of application; Individuals must successfully pass a written examination and physical ability test;
    Must hold and maintain a valid State of Alaska driver�s license throughout the duration of employment (copy of driving record must be provided at the time of offer of employment):
    A State of Alaska Firefighter I (AK FF-1) certification must be obtained within one year from date of hire, preference given to persons holding current AK FF-1certificate;
    A State of Alaska Emergency Medical Technician 1 (AK EMT 1) certification must be obtained within one year from date of hire; preference given to persons holding current AK EMT 1 or higher certificate;
    Must successfully pass a psychological evaluation and a criminal background investigation;
    Must successfully complete Fairbanks Fire Department fire fighter check-off within 6 months of hire;
    Must successful be evaluated by the City of Fairbanks medical evaluator, as capable to function as a firefighter;
    Must successfully complete the physical ability evaluation at the end of the probation period;
    Must successfully pass a SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus) fit test as required by the Fire Department Respiratory Protection Program.
    New hires are not permitted to use any tobacco products and must sign a �No-Tobacco Use� agreement for the duration of their employment with the Fairbanks Fire Department.

Leave a comment:

• JHR1985
    started a topic Alaskan Departments that are hiring

Alaskan Departments that are hiring

I've really been thinking about moving to Alaska. I've looked at several departments but most of the ones I talk to all seem to try to hire paid spots from within the volunteer ranks.

I currently work for the 3rd largest department in the nation and I have 6 years paid experience, all of them as a paramedic.

Any idea's on cities that are looking to hire or what not?

I know Anchorage is saying that they are supposed to have a test in 2010 but i'm not going to hold my breath

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X