Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Alaskan Departments that are hiring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaskan Departments that are hiring

I've really been thinking about moving to Alaska. I've looked at several departments but most of the ones I talk to all seem to try to hire paid spots from within the volunteer ranks.

I currently work for the 3rd largest department in the nation and I have 6 years paid experience, all of them as a paramedic.

Any idea's on cities that are looking to hire or what not?

I know Anchorage is saying that they are supposed to have a test in 2010 but i'm not going to hold my breath
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

http://www.911hotjobs.com/find-a-job...ls.asp?id=4004

Recruit Firefighter - Fairbanks, AK
    Closing Date
    3/1/2010

Description
    Under close supervision of Company Officers, performs entry-level work in the prevention and suppression of fires. Also serves as a medical responders on an ambulance crew.
    Assignments as a recruit firefighter on an assigned shift include, but are not limited to: responds to fires and other emergency scenes and renders emergency services as appropriate; participates in classes and drills to maintain proficiency; assists with inspection of buildings as assigned; provides public education through station tours and various other programs; performs equipment checks as required; performs station housekeeping maintenance; and other duties as assigned.

Requirements
    Persons applying for this position should have the following experience and/or training; Must be a High School graduate or equivalent; Applicant must be at least 18 years of age at time of application; Individuals must successfully pass a written examination and physical ability test;
    Must hold and maintain a valid State of Alaska driver�s license throughout the duration of employment (copy of driving record must be provided at the time of offer of employment):
    A State of Alaska Firefighter I (AK FF-1) certification must be obtained within one year from date of hire, preference given to persons holding current AK FF-1certificate;
    A State of Alaska Emergency Medical Technician 1 (AK EMT 1) certification must be obtained within one year from date of hire; preference given to persons holding current AK EMT 1 or higher certificate;
    Must successfully pass a psychological evaluation and a criminal background investigation;
    Must successfully complete Fairbanks Fire Department fire fighter check-off within 6 months of hire;
    Must successful be evaluated by the City of Fairbanks medical evaluator, as capable to function as a firefighter;
    Must successfully complete the physical ability evaluation at the end of the probation period;
    Must successfully pass a SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus) fit test as required by the Fire Department Respiratory Protection Program.
    New hires are not permitted to use any tobacco products and must sign a �No-Tobacco Use� agreement for the duration of their employment with the Fairbanks Fire Department.

Comment

the weather in Fairbanks kind of scares me. I was hoping somewhere along the coast, Kenai pennisula or the souther part near canada.

Thanks for the insight though.
      The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Comment

I spoke to Fairbanks FD this week and in the next 2-3 months they will be accepting applications. she didnt know if there would be hiring but they will be receiving them and starting the eligibility list around May 2012.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90