Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Alaskan Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dragonfyre
    replied
    We're back. I was unable to find any stations in Sitka, no one was in at the station in Skagway and I was ignored by 3 people who walked by me in Ketchican. I could have been there to rob the place and no one bothered to ask me what I was doing there or if they could help me.

Did find the Red Dog in Juneau, the Red Onion in Skagway and Steamers in Ketchican. Saw 2 bears, Mama and a cub, while zip-lining in Ketchican and caught a salmon barehanded out of a creek in Skagway.

Anyway, while flying into Seattle we saw several large circles in the fields below. Anyone know what they're about? Tried to download he picture we took from the plane but the site says it's too big to attach.

Leave a comment:

• dragonfyre
    replied
    Originally posted by utfd704 View Post
    The Hanger on the wharf just down from the ship dock is also great.
    Which dock? What city?

Leave a comment:

• utfd704
    replied
    The Hanger on the wharf just down from the ship dock is also great.

Glaicer brewing company in anchorage is great also.

Leave a comment:

• dragonfyre
    replied
    Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
    Steve, does your cruise stop in Victoria?
    No.

We're doing the White Pass Yukon train out of Skagway and the helicopter tour of the glacier in Junea and also stopping in Ketchican. Don't think I'll have time for any touristy stuff in Anchorage. Plane gets in at 4 pm and we have an hour bus drive to the ship which leaves at 9 pm.

Will look for the Red Dog in Junea, also have to look for the old whore house now a restaurant in Skagway. Saw that on the Travel Channel, looks cool.

We have to leave our house at 3 am to make the 6 am flight out of Philly and I'm sure that after we board the ship we'll have to do the life boat drill before they let us go to bed so we'll probably be up for close to 24 hours.

Please pray for us that we won't have any crying babies on the flights and can get some sleep!
    Last edited by dragonfyre; 08-20-2009, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Here's the link to a previous discussion about cruising to Alaska ...

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...ghlight=dobber

Leave a comment:

• ARH176
    replied
    second.....

I will add a second to the Red Dog, was there last year. small children might not be apropreate(sp), a shoehorn will though. good food.

Alan

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Steve, does your cruise stop in Victoria?

Leave a comment:

• firenresq77
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Ketchikan's firehouse is just up the road from the port.

Juneau's isn't too close or too far. While you are in Juneau, visit the Red Dog Saloon. It's a blast.

I didn't see the station in Skagway.
    Skagway was the tiny tourist town, right? Has an "international" airport that is on the outskirts? If so I stopped into their firehouse and took a few pictures........

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by dragonfyre View Post
    I'm taking an Alaskan cruise next week, will be stopping in Ketchican, Junea and Skagway. Will be doing the normal tourist stuff, helicopter to the glacier, White Pass Railroad. Just wondering if there are any fire stations within walking distance from the ports.
    Ketchikan's firehouse is just up the road from the port.

Juneau's isn't too close or too far. While you are in Juneau, visit the Red Dog Saloon. It's a blast.

I didn't see the station in Skagway.

Leave a comment:

• firenresq77
    replied
    I did the same thing in 2007. It was a great time. Where are you departing from? Mine left out of Anchorage and there is a Chief from Anchorage FD on here who gave us a tour of the city. If Jeff doesn't chime in himself, I can try to get you in touch with him. Feel free to contact me via email for some more info. I'll help ya out as much as I can. Let me know all of the ports you will be hitting and if they are the same, I can tell you what we did and didn't do.

If the email link for me doesn't work, it's nfd111 at bex dot net

Leave a comment:

• dragonfyre
    started a topic Alaskan Cruise

Alaskan Cruise

I'm taking an Alaskan cruise next week, will be stopping in Ketchican, Junea and Skagway. Will be doing the normal tourist stuff, helicopter to the glacier, White Pass Railroad. Just wondering if there are any fire stations within walking distance from the ports.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X