Alaska Guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Guys?

Are there any Alaska Fire Fighters/EMT's here? Just wondering if there was any in my back door. Im in Juneau Alaska. Thanks guys.

STeven
    Steven Bates
    Juneau, Alaska

Used to be, until about 6 weeks ago.

Comment

Fairbanks

I was born and raised in Juneau and a former member of CCFR. Currently I am a captain and training officer for the Steese Fire Dept up in Fairbanks.

Comment

Anyone from Anderson, Healy, Nenana area??
        One of the founding members of the Clear AFS Security Forces Funny Boys

Comment

I just left Anderson.

Comment

Originally posted by sponge
            I just left Anderson.
            I just arrived here last month. I work on Clear, AFS as a military cop. I am currently taking the EMT-B course, and am going to volunteer at Anderson for the duration of my enlistment. (I'm permantly assigned to Clear) Anything I should know about the are?

Comment

I just left Clear as the CSF. I'm enjoying the warm weather now.

A few of the cops joined up with Anderson this year. Check with them or Scott Thompson over at the FD (he's Anderson's chief) to find out about joining. Basically, you need to fill out the form and turn in a copy of your drivers license to the city clerk. You don't need to finish the EMT-I class to join; they can always use a driver. Training/meetings are usually once a month

Most of the calls are EMS and accidents on the Parks. I went to one house fire in 2 years (I missed out on your superintendent's chimney fire Anderson runs maybe 2 dozen or so calls a year.

Expect to give up at least 4 hours an a transport to Fairbanks.

Comment

I just left Clear as the CSF. I'm enjoying the warm weather now.

A few of the cops joined up with Anderson this year. Check with them or Scott Thompson over at the FD (he's Anderson's chief) to find out about joining. Basically, you need to fill out the form and turn in a copy of your drivers license to the city clerk. You don't need to finish the EMT-I class to join; they can always use a driver. Training/meetings are usually once a month

Most of the calls are EMS and accidents on the Parks. I went to one house fire in 2 years (I missed out on your superintendent's chimney fire Anderson runs maybe 2 dozen or so calls a year.

Expect to give up at least 4 hours an a transport to Fairbanks.
                You're the old captain? I believe I talked to you on the phone several times. I just came on AGR from New England.

I just got here, I must have missed out on the chief's chimney fire. (He just got promoted)

Scott is taking the refresher portion of my class, and I spoke with him about joining. He seems quite interested, espcially because of my schedule and that I am nights.

Imagine running into you here...

Comment

I think I remember talking to you.
                  His chimney caught fire last winter. I'll have to give him a call and congratulate him.

Scott should be able to hook you up with an application. Every new guy he gets means one less call he has to go on by himself.

Good luck and enjoy the winter.

Comment

I think I remember talking to you.
                    His chimney caught fire last winter. I'll have to give him a call and congratulate him.

Scott should be able to hook you up with an application. Every new guy he gets means one less call he has to go on by himself.

Good luck and enjoy the winter.
                    You'd be Capt. P, right? I came from NHANG. SrA Noll.

He put on Chief maybe, one or two weeks ago I do believe. Scotts only concern in have me come on is not having the radioes available.

We got snow this weekend, maybe ten inches. I'm enjoying it so far, hope I can keep enjoying it till June or so.

Comment

That's me.

Enjoy the warm weather while you can. After a few months at -30 or worse, it can get old.

Comment

That's me.

Enjoy the warm weather while you can. After a few months at -30 or worse, it can get old.
                        Thank you for the advice sir. I'm still getting used to it. It got colder in NH, but it was never this cold this early.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your follow on?

Comment

Originally posted by akagrsfs

If you don't mind me asking, what was your follow on?
                          Scott. I'm in the process of joining a FD down here now.

Comment

Scott. I'm in the process of joining a FD down here now.
                            Good deal. Hope you have good luck getting on.

Comment

I'm in Juneau as well

Originally posted by JDFD35
                              Are there any Alaska Fire Fighters/EMT's here? Just wondering if there was any in my back door. Im in Juneau Alaska. Thanks guys.

STeven

I'm here in Juneau as well. I've been with CCF/R for about 6 or 7 months now. I'm with the Glacier station, and am a brown card FF at this time.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X