Hunting in Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting in Alaska

Are there any over the counter tags in Alaska?

I got about 3 weeks off from the fire department in October and was wondering if there are any over the counter tags like there are in Colorado or is it all draw?
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...ermits.hunting

Comment

Originally posted by JHR1985 View Post
      Are there any over the counter tags in Alaska?

I got about 3 weeks off from the fire department in October and was wondering if there are any over the counter tags like there are in Colorado or is it all draw?
      You lucky devil!What will you be going after?Can I go?I'm real good on road trips.I promise not to kick the back of the driver's seat or ask "Are we there yet?"

(Plots to steal JHR's identity so I can go in his stead) (Just a joke,there.I don't have to steal someone's id)

Comment

are guides required to hunt bear?

Im in the mood to shoot a black bear.

Any idea on the costs to process and what not?

And where is a good area to go?

I'm not looking for trophy size... just a decent bear i can shoot for the roast and fur

sorry if i ask too many questions
        The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Comment

Yah its doable!

I have hunted POW (Prince of Whales) island the last 4 years. This is across from Ketchikan. Big black bears and you can bait them. We have stayed at Coffman Cove and Thorne Bay. We had a guy drive to Bellinhame WA and take ferry with all gear, but that cost a lot. This year we also rented a truck for $500/week.
          This year no big bears. No guide required. Email me if you have more ?'s. [email protected]

Comment

POW is a great place to hunt black bear
            pm me if you want to know some good spots
            I am the asst. chief in thorne bay

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader