Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What can I do with Pro Board Cert?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do with Pro Board Cert?

I just recently graduated from FF1 and it is a Pro Board Acredited facility.

I want a career in the fire dept, and I know with cert can put me in better running than those that don't. I'd really like to get in a military base FD or an airport FD. What's the next step?

congrats on the graduation.. as far as military or airport FD's, you're gonna want to go on and get your EMT-B, ARFF(aircraft rescue and firefighting).. as far as militay that i understand(very limited), if you're lucky enough to find a base that is hiring from the outside, you might not need anything and they'll train you in evberything within the first year, or you would need arff, pro-board, emt-b, haz mat technician, etc etc

Comment

what state are you in?

A little competion for miltary base, with all the air force firefighters out there

You might look at a city department that also covers the airport and get on with them with the goal to work at an airport.

You know airports do not have that many fires?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

First, make sure you HAVE your Pro-Board certifications - just because a facility is accredited doesn't necessarily mean you automatically get the cert.....we run into this at work quite often.

Once you have the Pro-Board certs, if you change states, many will take those classes so you don't have to take them over again, or possibly can start a little higher up on the ladder.....

Originally posted by Sharkbait411 View Post
        I just recently graduated from FF1 and it is a Pro Board Acredited facility.

I want a career in the fire dept, and I know with cert can put me in better running than those that don't. I'd really like to get in a military base FD or an airport FD. What's the next step?

Comment

Former Federal FF here.....Most DoD Facilities require at least the following to be hired as a GS5 "Trainee":

IFSAC/Pro-Board FFI, EMT-B (for whichever state the facility is located in, or NREMT-B if the state offers reciprocity) Haz-Mat Operations, ARFF Basic (if the facility has an airfield) They could have added more since I have been around, I really don't know.

To be hired as a GS6 Firefighter:
          IFSAC/Pro-Board FFII, EMT-B, Fire Officer I, Fire Inspector I, ARFF Advanced (for an airfield) D/O Pumpers, Aerials & ARFF (if there is an airfield) They could have added more since I have been around, I really don't know.

Additionally, for most DoD Facilities, you must have a clean background. For facilities that require a high security clearance, you must have a SNOW WHITE CLEAN Background. And when I say a snow-white clean background, I mean precisely that. There is a 30-page background questionnaire to fill out for the FBI, who will also do a through background check on you including investigating former employers, schools (yes they visited my high school and viewed transcripts and spoke with teachers...) They will find out if you finger banged Mary Jane Rottencrotch in the backseat of your mom's car when you were 16....trust me.

Go to www.usajobs.com, and follow the prompts and enter "0081" into the job classification series box to search available civilian firefighter jobs. Read over the position descriptions carefully, some of them are disguised recruitment ads.
          "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Thanks guys. I have LOTS of homework to do now. Thankfully I am 18 and I have some time. Im quartered in South NJ for those who wonder. Im spending my senior year of HS getting my additional certs like extrication I and II, FF Survival and what not. I am getting my EMT after I graduate HS. If I have any questions, I will surely contact you, FWDBuff.

Comment

NJ does not have a Pro Board FF1. If you have NJ FF1, you have just that....NJ FF1. It's not IFSAC, its not ProBoard, it's just NJ.
              "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

http://www.nfpa.org/catalog/services/nbfspq/default.asp
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse