No announcement yet.

Overseas Contract Firefighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any website info for overseas contract firefighter jobs, such as in Afghanistan or Iraq. Email me at [email protected]

Comment

Retiring Jan 31st with 30 years Fed Firefighting here in Ca (DOD). All my DOD certs plus Ca State Fire Marshal certs from before the DOD cert period. Guess I just need to look at all of these companies different web sites, to see where to apply. Thanks for all the info here guys.

Comment

Kandahar Firefighter Info request

Good day everyone.

My name is Shawn and I have been a professional firefighter with Toronto Fire Services for 10yrs now. I was also in the Canadian Army Reserves for 14yrs, got out in 2004.
        My life has changed a lot in the past year, and I am looking for a change.
        I am not looking to quit my job with TFS, I love my job so much.
        What I am looking for is a different adventure.

Can someone tell me:
        How I would go about applying to become a contract FF in Kandahar?

How Long are the contracts?

Thanks

Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by jakehoward View Post
          Does anyone know of any overseas contract firefighting jobs other than the ones in Iraq, ect...?

Thanks
          Hi Jake

I have come across someone recruiting for jobs in the middle east - you will get all the perks ie. saving 90% of your yearly salary(very realistic), free accomodation, free medical, and free transportation. But these positions are for Firefighters trained for airport services.

Email is [email protected]

Hope this helps good luck!

Comment

Contract Firefighting & Paramedic Jobs

I am interested in any and all information anyone could provide regrading contract Firefighting and Paramedic employment around the world. If you have links, reliable information, pay & benfits, working condiitions, as well as horror stories. I may be reached a [email protected]. Thanks

Comment

A few Questions

I am considering leaving my current job with lack of hours to pursue a career in the private sector and build experience for my stateside resume. I am a NFPA FF1, Currently taking NFPA FF2, And WI EMT-Basic. I am also in class for my associate degree program in fire science, however my finances are putting that on hold. I am considering a private sector job to help pay for school when i get back and provide for starting a family once home. My question is this are those Certs eligible for DOD transfer? Does the experience requirements i read about mean career, or does my volunteer firefighting / Full time EMT experience count? If anyone is there or recently returned, are mortar attacks/ bombings still a part of daily life? I want to be able to re-assure my girlfriend, she is nervous enough about Firefighting let alone in a combat zone. I just want to get my career moving and a change in my job situation could not hurt. Any thoughts, advice, etc are appreciated.

Comment

Contracted Firefighter/EMT-B jobs

I'm a volunteer firefighter and was wondering how to get information on contracted firefighter/EMT positions overseas. Anything would help alot, and I know there is alot of opportunities out there. I was also wondering if I could do anything with a Fire Science Degree because I graduate this Spring with one. Like I said, any information would be helpful.

Thanks alot!

Comment

Read all the threads under america overseas and under federal a few doors down
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

I have read some of the blogs on here and was trying to find information on contract firefighting overseas. Some of the websites such as KBR and Wackenhut seem to not lead me correctly. Could someone get me in the right direction to find out how to get this process going?
                    Thanks

Comment

Could you email me with some info on your process and how to get started, I've looked online at all these websites and maybe its me but I can't seem to locate anything guiding me to solid info. Any help would be great. Thanks
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by joningram19 View Post
                        Could you email me with some info on your process and how to get started, I've looked online at all these websites and maybe its me but I can't seem to locate anything guiding me to solid info. Any help would be great. Thanks
                        [email protected]
                        What certs do you have??
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse