Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Fdic Canada?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fdic Canada?

Being a fire fighter in Canada is great. The only problem I have is that the Schools and training SUCKS. So I was thinking about setting up a Fire fighting school which will specialize in Technical Rescue. Rope, Haz-Mat, Confined Space, Water Rescue, RIT & Survival.. I'd like for it to be like an FDIC which the Americans have. I spend to much money and time going State side to learn when Canada should do the Same. If you want a course in Ontario you need to attend the Ontario Fire College which is ok but lacks hands on training or take a course with a company which could take months to finish. So for all you Canadian Boys and Gals lets come up with something here. I was thinking a 1 week course and you pick the subject etc. Have any ideas let me know..

school

I have lots of ideas. I also have 33 yrs. in the fire service. Eleven of those as a Training Officer. If you contact me we will possible take this further. Remember there are many colleges out there doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by JAFA62
      Being a fire fighter in Canada is great. The only problem I have is that the Schools and training SUCKS. So I was thinking about setting up a Fire fighting school which will specialize in Technical Rescue. Rope, Haz-Mat, Confined Space, Water Rescue, RIT & Survival.. I'd like for it to be like an FDIC which the Americans have. I spend to much money and time going State side to learn when Canada should do the Same. If you want a course in Ontario you need to attend the Ontario Fire College which is ok but lacks hands on training or take a course with a company which could take months to finish. So for all you Canadian Boys and Gals lets come up with something here. I was thinking a 1 week course and you pick the subject etc. Have any ideas let me know..
      Huh?

Things must be rough back there in Ontario. Canada leads the way in a lot of those topics.

RIT and FAST is still a relatively young specialty up here, but out here in BC, we get the best of the best when it comes to Ropes/THARR, SRT, and Confined Space. Not to mention that Fire Etc, and the Alberta Fire School are internationally recognized in many topics.

I think we could always use more options (i.e. competition) to make it cheaper and more frequent, but I think there is definitely good training to be had.

I think the biggest difference between us and the US is the fact that many US states enforce a minimum training standard (i.e. NFPA 1001, or at least minimum hours), which drives the training industry. Also, there are abundant federal grant systems down there to help departments maintain a higher standard.

Until Canada adopts similar standards and financial aid/incentives, you will have a tough time finding widespread interest and support for FDIC scale programs.

But good luck with it.
      Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

There are FDIC's in Canada because we have one on the East Coast which is generally held in Wolfville, NS every year...Very informative and a good time to go kick back and meet guys from all over

heres a link

http://www.fdic-atlantic.ca/
        Last edited by ndvfdff33; 11-29-2006, 08:25 PM.
        If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Comment

Ontario lacks fire fighting training. If you dont get it from your F.D. trying to find a company that teaches a decent course is hard. Your right there is no funding. The OFM has a guideline which we must follow. However most follow the NFPA and so they should. Id just like to see a 1 week event full of courses. Im a career firefighter Im not rich by any means to go to the EAST or West for training. Thanks for the Info I know it will be hard just testing the waters 1st.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X