Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Hope everyone is having a safe long weekend ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Hope everyone is having a safe long weekend ...

Gobble Gobble!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

What are you thankful for this year?

Please stay safe over this long weekend!

Can't deny the fact that summer is over anymore
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

do you guys eat turkey up there for your thanksgiving? Isnt that an america tradition or a north american trad. If its american shouldnt you eat something norwegian, you know since Leif Ericson discovered Newfound Land, I think

Let me add that colombus was nothing but a murderer and disease spreader.

Comment

turkey??? What's that?

Up here in the land of igloos, snow and 24 hour darkness we gnaw on whale blubber, while lying in the glow of the fish oil lamps (man those things stink when they get hot), wrapped in our polar fleece (really, it's polar bear fur). Sometimes, if we're really lucky, someone manages to get their hands on some maple syrup from down Quebec way and we drizzle it on the snow so we can have dessert on this fine holiday. Maybe this year we can dine on some penguin wings with our blubber.
      To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

History revision

Originally posted by nbfcfireman
        do you guys eat turkey up there for your thanksgiving? Isnt that an america tradition or a north american trad. If its american shouldnt you eat something norwegian, you know since Leif Ericson discovered Newfound Land, I think

Let me add that colombus was nothing but a murderer and disease spreader.
        Have just read a book called 1421--tap in google same number--this may change your whole view on who got where first--and when!
        Last edited by 2andfrom; 10-09-2005, 05:10 AM. Reason: Wrong website

Comment

Ok somebody roll me to the nearest couch *groan*

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canucks.

We just finished eating the main dishes ....still have to have dessert GOD Help me !!!!!
          On the menu tonight:

Turkey
          Gravy
          Stuffing
          Mashed Potatoes
          Sweet Potato Casserole
          Green Bean Casserole
          Brussel Sprouts
          Turnips
          Peas and Carrots w/white sauce
          Coleslaw
          Homemade buns

Double Layer pumpkin pie
          Lemon Meringue pie

dying on the couch afterwards.

Hope everyone celebrating this weekend had a wonderful Turkey Day, filled with much love and laughter.
          To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

OMG I'm stuffed.

Jenn cooked for 2 days so I was on dishes duty because I'm too sick to help with the food prep part

Dishes are done. Pie has been eaten. Time to die on the sofa now. OH wait, the cook is stretched out on her sofa! I guess she earned the right

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
            September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
            IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
            Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Interesting Book, read about it on that website, but I think the Norse travelers predate 1421 by a few hundred years.

Comment

Poor Turkey - never stood a chance. It was like a scene from a bad movie - bits of turkey flying everywhere

Leftovers - we dont need no stinking left overs!
                -I have learned people will forget what you said,
                -People will forget what you did,
                -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave404
                  Leftovers - we dont need no stinking left overs!

dang.....I'd almost leave the meal alone just to be able to raid the leftovers the next day

Comment

Originally posted by nbfcfireman
                    Interesting Book, read about it on that website, but I think the Norse travelers predate 1421 by a few hundred years.
                    I agree about the Norse in the case of your part of the world--us in the Antipodean region, have been amazed that we may have been "found" earlier than commonly believed
                    In the aforementioned book DNA evidence amongst the Maori has caused quite a stir--especially as New Zealand in particular is currently undergoing what has been described as a Asian invasion!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X