Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

fire fighter recruitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to get into Calgary's Fire Department, and you want to enroll in a college before hand to get educated in Firefighting knowledge then be prepared to redo all that training with CGY's FD because they train their own as you already have read. Just to help you save some finances apply straight to them instead of a college.

I just got accepted in to the Manitoba Emergency Services College in Brandon and I am on my way to my dream of a Firefighter/Paramedic starting Sept. 2005

Cheers on your trip to becoming a CGY or EDM Firefighter!

Comment

I thought I had heard rumblings not too long ago that Calgary was not going to be training their own anymore; rather they would be recruiting Fire School grads. Perhaps I'd heard wrong.
      To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

Time is running out

Not to be rude Pfire, but I hope you are wrong. I can't afford to put myself through my EMR training, so I don't know how I am going to afford putting myself through Fire School if that is the case I may have to write recruiting, and maybe, just maybe they will tell me if that is the case. Although I haven't seen any kind of information like that on their website yet. Yikes, I better get moving!
        _______
        "There is no expiration date on your birth certificate, so make every day count" - William Phelps from "Lethal Guardian"

Comment

I think January 2006 Calgary will be hiring 1001 firefighters from colleges. Apply now - and no problem. For more info contact the CFD training centre.
          Dave
          -I have learned people will forget what you said,
          -People will forget what you did,
          -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

Comment

I wish I could apply

Dave, thanks for letting me know that what Pfire says is true. DARN!

I am desperatly trying to get everything ready to apply. I have the application filled out, and I have the money to submit that. The only thing holding me back at this moment is the the EMR program, as that is part of the basic application process.

I have also just signed up for my CPR course in January. So I will atleast have that.

Anyways, back to the grind here.

Thanks....Ash
            _______
            "There is no expiration date on your birth certificate, so make every day count" - William Phelps from "Lethal Guardian"

Comment

hey spinhunt,

I graduated Brandon in 2000 and got a job a week after I finished. If you have any questions about what goes on there...feel free to email me [email protected]

wannabeffgurl,

the one thing that has stuck with me since I graduated Fire College is something an instructor said "How badly do you want it?" I borrowed money, applied for a student loan.... If this is the profession that you want you are going to find a way to do it.

18, something everyone should read bravo....I reminded myself of why I got the job and it wasn't only because of the schooling I took, but what I had done with my life prior.

Cheers

Red

Comment

yes!

Well great news! I have finally enrolled myself in the Standard First Aid with level C with St. John Ambulance! I can't wait, too bad it is in the middle of January. But I can't wait to get that done and over with, hopefully it will be more of a refresher for me since I did learn it in high school (which was less than 5 years ago). I am now that much closer to my goal!

in regards to fieryred943's response. I have figured out that with New Years just around the corner, I would apply to one of the bars here and see if I can't get in being a beer tub girl. Not that I really want to, but I will have no problems bringing in cash to pay for the EMR course I need aslong as I get hired.

So wish me good luck and I will keep you posted!
                _______

Comment

NFPA 1001

Hope everyone is having a happy safe holiday!!

To answer the questions about 1001 skills and the CFD. Yes in the near future we are making these a minimum requirement. Don't go yelling at the messenger, you can't possibly tell me anything which I have not already argued about and for, or heard from so many others. The Chief has battled city hall for years with me on this but the budget push has won. January 1 2006 is the date this standard will be a requirement. The hiring needs are so great right now we are looking to hire classes before then which will look very different from how we do business currently.

There are many options available to gain your 1001 certs so please shop around and demand value for your money!!!!

Be safe.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X