Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Redacted 28 pages of 9/11 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redacted 28 pages of 9/11 Report

The Missing Pages of the 911 Report

A story that might otherwise have slipped away in a morass of conspiracy theories gained new life Wednesday when former Sen. Bob Graham headlined a press conference on Capitol Hill to press for the release of 28 pages redacted from a Senate report on the 9/11 attacks.

The Saudis know what they did, Graham continued, and the U.S. knows what they did, and when the U.S. government takes a position of passivity, or actively shuts down inquiry, that sends a message to the Saudis. “They have continued, maybe accelerated their support for the most extreme form of Islam,” he said, arguing that both al Qaeda and ISIS are “a creation of Saudi Arabia.”

Standing with Graham were Republican Rep. Walter Jones and Democratic Rep. Stephen Lynch, co-sponsors of House Resolution 428, which says declassification of the 28 pages is necessary to provide the American public with the full truth surrounding the 9/11 attacks
    Apparently the Saudis are worried.

Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

Saudi Arabia has told the Obama administration and members of Congress that it will sell off hundreds of billions of dollars’ worth of American assets held by the kingdom if Congress passes a bill that would allow the Saudi government to be held responsible in American courts for any role in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

The dispute comes as bipartisan criticism is growing in Congress about Washington’s alliance with Saudi Arabia, for decades a crucial American ally in the Middle East and half of a partnership that once received little scrutiny from lawmakers. Last week, two senators introduced a resolution that would put restrictions on American arms sales to Saudi Arabia, which have expanded during the Obama administration.

Families of the Sept. 11 victims have used the courts to try to hold members of the Saudi royal family, Saudi banks and charities liable because of what the plaintiffs charged was Saudi financial support for terrorism. These efforts have largely been stymied, in part because of a 1976 law that gives foreign nations some immunity from lawsuits in American courts.

The Senate bill is intended to make clear that the immunity given to foreign nations under the law should not apply in cases where nations are found culpable for terrorist attacks that kill Americans on United States soil. If the bill were to pass both houses of Congress and be signed by the president, it could clear a path for the role of the Saudi government to be examined in the Sept. 11 lawsuits.
    It's well known on these pages I was never a fan of the Bush Administration. This only reinforces that belief.
    They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
    It's well known on these pages I was never a fan of the Bush Administration. This only reinforces that belief.

which have expanded during the Obama administration.

Thanks for stopping by.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
      which have expanded during the Obama administration.

Thanks for stopping by.
      As more information has come out about the actions of the Bush Administration in how they misled the U.S. into the Iraq War and now their covering up Saudi complicity in 9/11, I'm surprised that more of his supporters haven't had the same beliefs.

I should be surprised, but I'm really not. Too bad the GOP critics of the Obama Administration weren't willing to put the same energy into investigating 9/11 as they have with Benghazi.
      They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

I don't see any direct link between what you've posted and the Bush administration.

As has already been pointed out above, the Obama administration has done little if anything differently from the Bush administration concerning the Saudis.

I'm not looking to defend either administration on this. I believe it's time for this country to take a long hard look at our relationships around the world. I believe it's time to decide exactly what our role should be around the world. I believe we need to start making sense of who and what we are and what we can accomplish, along with acknowledging the things we really can't accomplish.

Unless something changes dramatically it appears Clinton will be our next president. I don't see her administration doing anything substantial in this area.

Comment

As more information has come out about the actions of the Bush Administration in how they misled the U.S. into the Iraq War and now their covering up Saudi complicity in 9/11, I'm surprised that more of his supporters haven't had the same beliefs.

I should be surprised, but I'm really not. Too bad the GOP critics of the Obama Administration weren't willing to put the same energy into investigating 9/11 as they have with Benghazi.
          I'm not sure any more investigating needs to be done. I think enough is known. We haven't acted on the information we have ( the Saudis for example) so why bother gathering more?

Comment

Originally posted by captnjak View Post
            I don't see any direct link between what you've posted and the Bush administration.
            The Bush Administration classified the redacted pages.

As has already been pointed out above, the Obama administration has done little if anything differently from the Bush administration concerning the Saudis.
            True, but it was the Bush Administration that originally redacted the relevant passages that have the Saudis threatening financial retribution.

Unless something changes dramatically it appears Clinton will be our next president. I don't see her administration doing anything substantial in this area.
            Speculation.

Comment

The Bush Administration classified the redacted pages.

True, but it was the Bush Administration that originally redacted the relevant passages that have the Saudis threatening financial retribution.

Speculation.
              So you're criticizing the Bush administration for redacting pages, the content of which are unknown to you. Would that not be speculative on your part? If you ever learn what's on them you may wish they stayed redacted. Who knows? Maybe there's a legit reason. I really doubt it but we just don't know. And I'm not looking to defend them. Obama didn't start it but he didn't change it either.

And yes I engaged in speculation but I didn't pretend I was doing otherwise. Just made a prediction.

Do you see a Clinton administration making any wholesale changes to the status quo? I don't. I believe she is the most establishment of the five(?) remaining candidates. The GOP leadership have confirmed what I always thought in that they'd rather see Clinton be president than Trump. And maybe Cruz too. All the flag waving, constitution loving, values oriented types have thrown it all out the window because they see a possible Republican candidate who will upset the Washington apple cart. And that apple cart is THEIRS not OURS.

Comment

So you're criticizing the Bush administration for redacting pages, the content of which are unknown to you. Would that not be speculative on your part? If you ever learn what's on them you may wish they stayed redacted.
                It's informed speculation given that members of the 9/11 Commission have come out and stated the redacted passages could be very damaging to Saudi Arabia. Given the Saudis reaction I believe they are not wanting to deal with the political fallout that may occur from the American populace. Hence the threat of liquidating American assets. I say "eff 'em. Go right the eff ahead."

Who knows? Maybe there's a legit reason. I really doubt it but we just don't know. And I'm not looking to defend them. Obama didn't start it but he didn't change it either.
                The current administration is not the topic. There is a proposal to declassify. The Bush Admin redacted the documents and buried them. The current administration may not have even known about the omitted information.

Do you see a Clinton administration making any wholesale changes to the status quo? I don't. I believe she is the most establishment of the five(?) remaining candidates.
                I disagree with you. Her record on going after the banking industry before 2008 is pretty clear. I can see her easily making changes. Hence the opposition.

The GOP leadership have confirmed what I always thought in that they'd rather see Clinton be president than Trump. And maybe Cruz too. All the flag waving, constitution loving, values oriented types have thrown it all out the window because they see a possible Republican candidate who will upset the Washington apple cart. And that apple cart is THEIRS not OURS.
                Don't really care about the GOP. They embraced the Tea Party nutcases and now it is devouring them. The establishment concern is akin to Dr. Frankenstein running into town yelling, "there's a monster loose!" Ironic given that the monster was of their own creation.

Comment

I didn't understand how specific the info is on the redacted pages. Seems pretty clear what is contained in them. It could harm Saudi Arabia and not just politically. I think the info should be made public and I believe the Obama administration or the next one should support the legislation allowing victims and their families to sue countries like Saudi Arabia for damages. The Saudis would still get their day in court like anyone else.

Bush was always way too cozy with those guys. The only possible reason to kiss their asses would have been a reliance on them for oil. If that was the reason it was a mistake. The global energy picture has changed since then anyway. We need to gain energy independence for a lot of reasons. Telling these guys to go to hell would be one great benefit.

I like the Frankenstein reference.

Comment

I didn't understand how specific the info is on the redacted pages. Seems pretty clear what is contained in them. It could harm Saudi Arabia and not just politically. I think the info should be made public and I believe the Obama administration or the next one should support the legislation allowing victims and their families to sue countries like Saudi Arabia for damages. The Saudis would still get their day in court like anyone else.

Bush was always way too cozy with those guys. The only possible reason to kiss their asses would have been a reliance on them for oil. If that was the reason it was a mistake. The global energy picture has changed since then anyway. We need to gain energy independence for a lot of reasons. Telling these guys to go to hell would be one great benefit.

I like the Frankenstein reference.
                    I agree with all of this.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X