Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

10 Years | What's your plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nyc memorial

Hello There,

I will be in NYC for the 9/11 memorials. I would enjoy iand be honored to attend your ceremony. Please let me know if you would like a donation or for me to bring something?

THANK YOU

BE SAFE

B.BORST 9/11 GZ FIRST RESPONDER FROM LOS ANGELES, CA

Comment

Originally posted by fireb49 View Post
      Hello There,

I will be in NYC for the 9/11 memorials. I would enjoy iand be honored to attend your ceremony. Please let me know if you would like a donation or for me to bring something?

THANK YOU

BE SAFE

B.BORST 9/11 GZ FIRST RESPONDER FROM LOS ANGELES, CA
      All we ask is if you are a uniformed member please wear it. We want to thank you. ALL are invited!
      ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
      NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
      CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
      LT. John Ginley Engine 40
      FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
      FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
      FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
      FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
      FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
      FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
      FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
      FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
      FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
      "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
      *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Comment

Hi E40FDNYL35,
        My name is Chad, I’m an Engineer for Santa Maria City Fire on the central coast of California. A group of us has been to NYC for the 1 and 5 year anniversary of 9/11 and will be there again for the 10th. I found your post about the memorial for E40/L35 and we will be honored to be there. We are looking for some local places and “watering holes" to gather with other firefighters. In the past we have hooked up with a bunch of guys and had a blast! Most of those guys have since retired and we are looking for a group who is interested in sharing their favorite places with us. We look forward to meeting some new brothers soon and paying our respects to those that gave it all.
        -Chad
        P.S. I sent this to you in a private message but don’t think it went through

Comment

Originally posted by kona66 View Post
          Hi E40FDNYL35,
          My name is Chad, I’m an Engineer for Santa Maria City Fire on the central coast of California. A group of us has been to NYC for the 1 and 5 year anniversary of 9/11 and will be there again for the 10th. I found your post about the memorial for E40/L35 and we will be honored to be there. We are looking for some local places and “watering holes" to gather with other firefighters. In the past we have hooked up with a bunch of guys and had a blast! Most of those guys have since retired and we are looking for a group who is interested in sharing their favorite places with us. We look forward to meeting some new brothers soon and paying our respects to those that gave it all.
          -Chad
          P.S. I sent this to you in a private message but don’t think it went through
          Got it BROTHER and I sent you info.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...ed=0CCEQ8gEwAA
          Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 08-30-2011, 06:49 AM.
          NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
          FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

There appears to be nothing going on in my area. Not a thing.

Even the neighboring city that usually has a very small ceremony is not having that this year, likely because it's on a Sunday and generally the only folks there are the ones that are on the clock.

Very disappointing.
            Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPEN TO ALL -- On Sunday September 11, 2011, at 8:00 am, a Memorial Service will be held at the quarters of Engine 40 Ladder 35 "The Cavemen" in remembrance of the members of The Cave who made the Supreme Sacrifice on 9/11/2001. Engine 40 Ladder 35 is located at 131 Amsterdam Ave and West 66th Street in Manhattan.
              NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
              FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

If any members who live in the Boston area need to get to NYC on saturday night (since the first Amtrak train out Sunday morning from Boston does not get to NYC till 10am) let me know. I can get you down saturday night.

Just Private Message Me.

Comment

We're having a memorial service in my city. I'm working that day but I have a 50-50 shot of working across town from the service. Not sure I'll be there.

Comment

On behalf of the Members and Officers of The CAVE we would like to thank you for attending our 10 year remembrance of our BROTHERS. The families were most impressed by your compassion and BROTHERHOOD shown to them.

From the CAVEMEN
                    Engine Company 40 Ladder Company 35 FDNY
                    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Comment

Ended up doing the Denver Stair Climb with 8 guys from my dept to remember the 343 lost. Climbed 110 stories for FF Martin "Marty" DeMeo of HazMat 1.

Truly a memorable experience. RIP FF DeMeo
                      Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X