Automatic Mutual Aid Agreement form for two Fire Departments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Mutual Aid Agreement form for two Fire Departments

Basically I am looking for an agreement between two fire departments for Automatic Mutual Aid.

We have a county-wide mutual aid agreement - every department is a signatory. Automatics are simply instructions to county dispatch, which handles the dispatching of all of those departments except the military installation. The same is true of automatic alarms.

I believe those departments on the edges of the county rely on a state mutual aid pact for running to the neighboring counties (and vice versa). Responses across county lines simply require the dispatch centers to contact each other, although there are a few agencies which are dispatched by "both" counties because they have (contracted) territory in both.

Do you have an existing mutual aid agreement with the other department?
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Here is our AMA with one of our neighboring districts
      Attached Files

Comment

This all depends on your state law and insurance requirements. In some places, setting up an AMA is a big todo requiring involvement of municipalities, county government and insurance lawyers. In other places, its just the the fire companies that agree to help each other out and there are no political or administrative barriers that need to be addressed.

Do you you have a county fire association or some other body that can give you guidance on this ?

Comment

I would suggest you stay away from automatic aid agreements. It would be better to join forces another way into a single agency saving the cost of redundant fire admin. All automatic aid agreements do is spread firefighters out even more thinly over multiple fire agency areas while perpetuating the redundant fire administrations. Mutual aid is a much better deal and has been used for years. With Mutual aid fire agencies back each other up in major emergencies or multiple emergencies that could overwhelm a single well staffed fire rescue response.

https://www.ci.richland.wa.us/home/showdocument?id=2478
          Bigjohn24
          Forum Member
          Last edited by Bigjohn24; 09-01-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Automatic aid is nothing more that pre-arranged mutual aid around here.

With every department in the county but two purely volunteer, the overhead cost is near zero. And the governing administrations (village/town boards and fire commissioners) also virtually unpaid, so the overhead cost there is also near zero.

Sure, every department has several chiefs, but on a mutual aid call, they are generally more like captains, and/or are usually used by the home chief for various command functions.
            Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X