Relatively new volunteer fire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relatively new volunteer fire question

I?m on a small fire department that covers 180 sq miles, with 2 people that live in the area. My chief and I.
    Others come from the town north of us.

So needless to say, I have to do quite a bit of medical runs and everything on my own.

I just have a question, what are the reports called when taking patients name, vitals etc.

I thought they were called run reports, but when I googled it I couldn?t find one for Texas.

Any ideas?

There are numerous names for the same thing

NFIRS

Incident report

TXFIRS https://www.tdi.texas.gov/fire/fmtexfir.html

If the reports stay in your dept, and go no where else, call them what you want.

Paramedic report

EMS report

Patient care report

WHY the question?????????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Your state EMS folks can tell you what you need to do with regard to your EMS runs. There are record retention requirements as well. NEMSIS may come up as well. Here in NY, they are called Prehospital Care Reports - PCRs.

Sounds like you are running as first responders, with someone else handling the transports. If you're doing your PCRs on paper, one copy goes with the patient when they are transported, one gets filed within the department, and one may have to be filed with the state or local EMS overseers.

If you are running first responder for your fire department, you should be doing NFIRS/TXFIRS reports as well - however you do them. We use our fire station management software (there are a number of such packages available).

Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X