Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O501
    replied
    Here in Fairfax VA the term "Rescue Squad" means a heavy rescue. What does it mean where you work?

We're changing the staffing on all eight of our Rescue Squads to be ALS first response. Same for eight of our 14 truck companies. These units are already chasing the medic unit, but they're mostly BLS, and only run EMS if the engine is out on a call.

Leave a comment:

• SLFD15C2
    replied
    Hey thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate it. Im trying to find a department that utilizes rescue squads for fire dept EMS purposes in the colorado/montana area. Anything helps.
    Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• MemphisE34a
    replied
    If its staffed, a plausible idea. If it is for the engine crew to take instead of the pumper, stupid idea.

Leave a comment:

• 2tonegator
    replied
    Cobb County, GA
    Austell, GA
    Smyrna, GA
    Marietta, GA
    Gainesville, FL
    Ocala, FL

And I would think a bunch more places.

Some places respond the rescues instead of the engine or truck to keep them in service. so I guess that would work out good. Where I work, if the call comes in as ALS or is upgraded and the engine or truck is not ALS then they send the rescue too. However most of the time they get cancelled because BLS will suffice.
    Last edited by 2tonegator; 03-09-2014, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SLFD15C2
    started a topic ALS Non-Transport Rescue Squads

ALS Non-Transport Rescue Squads

Hey guys,
    What is everyones opinion on ALS Non-Transport Rescue Squads? Good idea? Bad idea? Waste of money?
    Also, does anyone know of career fire departments that respond to medical calls with said rescue squads? I know LA county does, Wichita fire does, and I believe houston fire does too. Lakeland FD in florida does too. Any others besides these?
    Thanks

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X