Tungsten Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tungsten Rings

Anybody ever have an incident where you had to remove a tungsten ring from a pt's finger? Some jewelers will lead you to believe that a tungsten ring is unable to be removed safely from a person's hand in the event of an emergency but I have done some research about this and here is what I came up with. I hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuqgI0g-Tc4
    Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

nice post...i'll have to keep that video in mind
    "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Uknown

Comment

Good to know. I heard ring cutters don't work on them, so this is a good option.

Comment

Tungsten is second only to Diamond as far as hardness goes. So while cutting it probably would be out of the question with just about anything we would carry on a rig.. However I always have a set of Vice grips with me in my turnouts I just never thought I would use them like that.

Another method of removing the ring is to use a vice however I dont know of any rig that would carry one.

I started checking this out when My soon to be wife bought me a tungsten wedding ring. I figured God forbid anything ever happen I would at least could tell the Doc or Medic how to get it off of me.

Keep safe out there guys
        Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X