Rank Your Top 5 Infecious Disease Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank Your Top 5 Infecious Disease Concerns

If you had to rank infectious diseases and the seriousness of them, which ones would you be most concerned about? So far, I've heard TB, HIV Aids, Meningitis, H1N1, Hepatitis A, B, C & D. Thoughts?
    "Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible" - Frank Zappa

Don't forget about Cooties.

Comment

Just stay away from the girls and you should be fine. Ahem...

Comment

The disease that nobody knows the patient has.
        Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra65 View Post
          If you had to rank infectious diseases and the seriousness of them, which ones would you be most concerned about? So far, I've heard TB, HIV Aids, Meningitis, H1N1, Hepatitis A, B, C & D. Thoughts?
          E) All of the above.

Comment

Just stay away from the girls and you should be fine. Ahem...
            Too late.

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
              The disease that nobody knows the patient has or neglects to inform me of (Friendly amendment.).
              I'd say that's my main concern.

Comment

I got a vaccination against cooties at about 13. Thats when I started noticing the girls. Thank god for that vaccination!!

I would agree that all of the listed are infectious disease concerns. Menegitis and TB are more communicable as they are airborn, however, the hepatitis virus can live outside the body for some time so that too is a concern. Regardless all of them are a concern. I wouldnt be worrying about ebola or some hemmoragic fever nearly as much as the nasties listed.
                Shawn M. Cecula
                Firefighter
                IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

What about MRSA? That was the "disease of the month" for our local hospitals after a bunch of the staff at one got it. Wash your hands

Comment

How widespread is MRSA or staph infections in medical facilities if no one talks about it? Do the lawsuits have everyone so scared that they can't admit to any issues even if there were any?

Comment

Our bag on the back of the stretcher with the gloves and masks is called "Cooties Kit"

Comment

[QUOTE=Lewiston2FF;1192246]I got a vaccination against cooties at about 13. Thats when I started noticing the girls. Thank god for that vaccination!!

Oooo, I need one of those for my son. He's 13, a budding athlete, and is in the gym for four hours with over 100 girls every day five days a week. I'm gonna need a double vaccination, and quite possibly, a BB gun.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cobra65;1192410]
                          Originally posted by Lewiston2FF View Post
                          I got a vaccination against cooties at about 13. Thats when I started noticing the girls. Thank god for that vaccination!!

Oooo, I need one of those for my son. He's 13, a budding athlete, and is in the gym for four hours with over 100 girls every day five days a week. I'm gonna need a double vaccination, and quite possibly, a BB gun.

Just make sure he doesn't get gonacokacokus!
                          Shawn M. Cecula
                          Firefighter
                          IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

How widespread is MRSA or staph infections in medical facilities if no one talks about it? Do the lawsuits have everyone so scared that they can't admit to any issues even if there were any?
                            It is everywhere, one of my children, myself and my wife have had it... and we are anal about deconing ourselfs after work. There is a new strain of MRSA in china that nothing will kill.

Is MRSA as much of danger as say HIV or any of the heps? No But it can kill you.
                            Check out the CDC website for more info.
                            Get the first line into operation.

Comment

Originally posted by Itshotinhere View Post
                              It is everywhere, one of my children, myself and my wife have had it... and we are anal about deconing ourselfs after work.
                              How long did it take to get through all of that?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X