This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we do what we do?

I was wondering why each and every firefighter out there(including myself) do what we do? The part that I wonder most about is that time after time(no matter the situation) we still get the job done.

------------------
    -JaY-

Simple answers.....

Why do I do what I do? The satisfaction of helping my fellow human through possibly one of the worst moments of their lives.

Why do WE get the job done time after time? DEDICATION to our calling!

Stay safe!

Comment

Why does someone always feel the need to start this slapping each other on the back nonsense. We are all adults we have our own
      reasons for what we do, and when you get right down to it there are probably as many reasons as there are firefighters

Comment

You ask "Why does someone always feel the need to start this slapping each other on the back nonsense", I ask, how does it hurt you? :P Does it have some negative effect on yourself? Seems like when someone makes a good point, or asks a good question, someone always has to come around and ruin it, but such as life I suppose.

Comment

I personally know Jay19fire b/c he is a fellow classmate of mine as well as a junior member on one of the three companies in my town. Jay is the type of kid that has grown up at the firestation and will one day live at one. He has good fire sense and will one day be an excellent fire fighter. All he was asking was a simple question of why people become firefighters. The reason for me was simple...I have always looked at fire fighters in my town as role models and i enjoy helping the community. Jay doesnt desreve to be slapped for his question, he deserves a simple answer.

Comment

Maybe this needs to be a pat on the back because there are not very many given to firefighters. You are right, there are as many reasons as there are firefighters. Apparently you have not recieved a pat on your back and don't know what it feels like to be appriciated for what you do.

Stay safe,

Mark

------------------
            If in doubt - Call us out

Comment

Agreed... Aside from making a difference in people's lives, sometimes a difference between life and death, hearing a simple 'thank you' or 'god job' from our brothers and sisters, more importantly the people we serve, can some of the most rewarding moments. It's not very often you hear a victim of a car accident thank you for helping them, or the owners of a house that was receintly damaged by fire thank you or the department for their services. Occasionaly we get a card in the mail by some of those people, but at least around here, it's a rare occurance.

Comment

Mark I get paid a good wage to do what I do,no pats on the back required,and if you need them, what are you so insecure about?

Comment

*snicker* Talk about a person who takes pleasure in doing his job....

Comment

This job has more benefits than I can list here. I know we do things different here in the West, but where else can you only work 10 days a month and love every minute of it. We don't get paid well here, but I've always felt that if you are in this job for the money - you're in the wrong job. We have bad days and good days, and will always see the world's hell that the general public doesn't believe exists. But when their lives go to crap in a hurry they always call us and expect a professional crew to solve their problem. It is well worth my time.

Comment

Much Agreed Jay

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...