Newsletter Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newsletter Names

I need your help. I am thinking about putting together a newsletter about our fire department. My goal is to inform our citizens about fire prevention, and I would like to use it as a recruitment tool.

I would like to have a catchy name for the newsletter. Can you help me? Give me any titles that are fire related. example The Blaze)

Thanks for your help.

Kochville Chief-3

Great idea Chief!

I used to be the editor of our old (quarterly) fire department newsletter which was called HOT SPARKS. Local businesses paid for ads which covered all our expenses. Any 'profit' went to the purchase of fire prevention materials.

A neighboring department used our format and called their newsletter 24/7, another one was called The Claxton, and the other I think was called The Defender.

My internal monthly newsletter was called BOX 35 because the gamewell pull box on the station facade was #35.

I started a newsletter for the federal firefighters local union I belonged to called FED-UP, but the Army killed it faster than you can say 'Freedom Of Speech.'

Now I'm ghost writing a column for the elementary school PTA news letter called SPOT SAYS which is simply a dalmation giving home fire safety tips.

You got a great idea and Good Luck!

Comment

Chief the name of our newsletter is smoke signals. The community seems to like the information as we have had many transplants from New York City and they don't know they have volunteers providing their fire protection.

Comment

Try the Newsladder

Comment

How about something simple like "The Spark"?? Well... good luck with it.

Comment

Hot Lines

Fire Wire

Smoke Signal

Comment

"The Trash Line"

"The Fire Liar"

"SCBS" (Station Commentary on Big Stuff)

"Unfunded, Unpaid, Unappreciated" (if applicable)

"The Fire Place"

"Telephone, Telegraph, Telesqurt"

Comment

When I started an internal newsletter in my previous fire department I initially left it untitled and had a contest to name the newsletter. If you can get someone to donate an interesting prize for the winning entry you should get a good response. Good luck with your project.

Comment

Do the same thing we do when we get a new unit and need to determine which cartoon character to paint on it: Ask the children in the elementary school! Get all of the students to come up with a title idea and then take the 4, 5, 10 top names and have the students vote on it.

I also forget to mention that I am greatly impressed by the thought of this newsletter to help educate your customers (citizens) about THEIR Fire Department and help provide them with tips for safety and information on the happenings if the FD.It will no doubt help during your recruitment drives and budget time. Kudos for realizing how important it is to communicate with the populace. Wish we could have something similar in our community.
                  ------------------
                  FF/EMT Jay Ellingson
                  Newington,NH FD
                  &
                  New England Dragway Safety Team (Sundaaayy!)
                  *N.E.D. celebrates 35 years a post-NHRA and current IHRA drag racing venue! Come on by and watch the great action at RT27 Epping, NH(Exit 8 off of Rt 101)*
                  New England Dragway is the home of the IHRA North American Nationals Sept 7-9 2001

[This message has been edited by FiRsqDvr45 (edited 04-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by FiRsqDvr45 (edited 04-11-2001).]

Comment

In the Line of Fire
                    Hot News
                    Hot Tips
                    Hot Topics
                    The Siren
                    Fully Involved
                    The Fireplug
                    5 Alarm News

Comment

Fireline

Turnout

Tone-out

Comment

internal one is calles the hose line gooood idea
                        2197 stay safe and have fun

Comment

In Iowa we get a monthly tabloid called the "Smoke Eater". Although that term doesn't apply today, it was made up a long time ago.

Comment

I like the title that the NJ Metro Fire Photographers use:

"The Straight Tip"

------------------
                            ~Smooth Bore For The Hard Core~

Comment

^^BUMP^^

Sorry for the ancient bump up, but I'm sure it was either that or be told to do a search...

Any more ideas? Anyone?

~Courtney
                              IACOJ

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap it if we do not lose heart."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X