This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireCom vs. David Clark

What head phone system do you use in your rigs? How do you like them? Any pros or con's? My dept. is looking at going with FireCom right now and I would like to know what everyone thinks about the 2 systems.

We use David Clarks. They have been in service for several years now and I have heard no complaints.

Comment

I've used both I have nothing against Firecom I like David Clarke's, We have them in all our rigs and they work very well

------------------
      Engine101
      Tim Macias
      [email protected]
      I will fight fire for Electricity

Comment

I am a volunteer firefighter that also works at an airport and goes flying a lot. I use both FlightCom (same as firecom) and David Clark headsets. What ever kind that you get, try them out and make sure that the ear seals are firm against your head and the mikes do not pickup too much outside noise. Also get vox system for intercom use and push to talk for transmitting over the radio. Vox will let you keep your hands free for other things.

Comment

I have used David Clark and Fire Com.
          The david clark systemd were older Seemed to hold up to time and abuse well. The Fire com system we are using is only about a year old now. The technology for reducing background noise is very good. But I have been having trouble with the headsets cutting out. I have had good response from there costomer service though. They may have had a problem with manufacturing during the time period of our unit. They are sending out some parts that will hopfully fix this. If it does I would highly recomend Fire Com.

Comment

For half the price and comparable quality, I'll take the FIRECOM!!! I would also recommend goin with the gel-filled earpieces for a much more comfortable fit

Comment

We use Fire Com and I like them. The only problem I have experienced is that we can't seem to get the incoming radio traffic piped into the earpieces anymore, but it still comes out of hte big speaker in the cab and behind it, so it's not big deal. We don't use our pump panel headset anymore because it hasn't stood up to being outside and all the noise makes it very difficult to hear the outside speaker for the radio. It will transmit but not receive. I suspect this is a wiring problem but I can not really say, as I haven't looked at it and I don't know anything about wiring.

------------------
              Be safe.

Comment

David Clark,,,better quality

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader