This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement Age and Benifits?

When I am 16 years old, currently a high school student just waiting to become a firefighter. I wanted to know from you firemen. What is the retirement age for a fireman, and what are the benifits? thx

NH Group II - 45 years of age with 20 years of service gets you 50% of the average of your 3 highest consecutive grossing years.

Comment

In Massachusetts, the magic numbers for retirement are age 55 with 32 years of service...you can retire with 80% based on your last 3 years of earnings. I got on when I was 28, I can retire when I am 60.

------------------
      Firefighters: rising to accept the challenge!
      Captain Gonzo

Comment

here in n.c its 30 years w/ a little over 50% of your last 3 or 4 years pay, we have been trying to get a 25 year retirement or raise it to 75% of your last few years,i think we will get one or the other pass before i retire( i hope)

Comment

Our retirement is 25yrs of service at 50yrs of age. If you retire at that minimum, you will get 68.75% If you decide to stay longer, it is another 2.75% for each year.

[This message has been edited by hosebeast (edited 03-15-2001).]

Comment

Our retirement is 25 years no age requirement. You receive 2.5% for the first 25 years and 2.1% up to 35 years maximum. You may also buy military time from 1964-1975 for retirement purposes. Maximun 83.5%. You also receive full medical bebefits and an option to withdraw all your annuities, which cuts your pension by around 5%. Average is last 5 years, except chiefs get last 3 years average.

[This message has been edited by FireLt1951 (edited 03-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by FireLt1951 (edited 03-15-2001).]

Comment

In Ohio you can retire after 25 years of service and 48 years of age with around 60% of your salary.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X