This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Protection Handbook

Has anyone read this book? Is it like a code book. I am thinking about buying it for our dept but would like to get an opinion on if it is worth it.

I use the FPH here at Oklahoma State Univ and I really like it. It has a lot of information that probably isn't that useful to a municipal department, but it also has a lot that is. No, it is not like a code book, it is a textbook. A well-written and very comprehensive textbook at that. I recommend it.

------------------
    Be safe.

Comment

You can disregard some of the information in firehat87's posting.

The Fire Protection Handbook has a wealth of information, in many areas. No- it is not written like a code book. It's kind of a general purpose book on anything, and everything that you ever wanted to know about Fire, and Fire Protection.

It has some areas that will be most beneficial to a municipal FD, and others that may open your eyes to some hazards that may be in your first due area that you haven't even considered.

You can get the print version, and a CD-ROM version from NFPA. They are both good. The CD ROM has an amazingly precise search engine that allows you to find information quickly....

I highly recommend it-- it reads a little weird at first - But I think you'll see it's worth.

------------------
      Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

[This message has been edited by FF McDonald (edited 03-13-2001).]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X