This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    C'mon... enough is enough already!! What's next turn-out gear colors that are more likely to make people feel calm wearing them, like say pastels?? Hey, ya never know... that might make more people that have less than zero interest in firefighting want to become firefighters too! Let's stop trying to coddle the few while we cut all pride any service group might have off at the hypothetical "balls". This PC crap is WAY out of control and somebody needs to make a stand, why not us firefighters? Remember folks, know when to say when!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I always though that aggressiveness (unless you're a useless slug) was part of the job.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sure SFD-129-3:

And what we do is "suppression and elimination of excess exothermic energy and interruption of spontaneous exothermic reactions caused by uncontrolled rapid oxidation through application of dihydrogen monoxide in large quantities".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Personally, I go by Thermal Imbalance Suppression Technician. I was promoted from Interior Structural PyroSuppression Supervisor.

Jackassery, thats all it is.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Maybe we should be MORE specific. I consider myself a "Truckee". No, the general public won't understand that. How about...

umm...

"Fire putter outer"...

or for those members that just stand around at a fire scene and don't do anything...

"Fire truck rider & stander arounder waiting for the donut wagon" YEESH!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am still finding it hard to say that I am a Firefighter. I grew up with the term Fireman and I will continue to use that term. I am proud to be called a Fireman. Calling ourselves "Firemaster", even suggesting it, is ridiculous!

About 3 weeks ago, there was an article in the Wall Street Journal about this.

GB

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Since "Fire Queen" is taken, I guess I'll just have to go with "Empress of the Engine". Heck, I'm so un-PC you can call me a fireman, I don't care. I know what my gender is and don't have anything to prove. If I can't be Empress, Firefighter will do.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Firelover,
    Our Dept just purchased new badges. Our female members requested that we change from "hoseman" to "firefighter". So I guess firefighter sits fine w/ them.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by WTFDFF10:
    Isn't "master" a masculine term?

This is ridiculous.
    Damn straight. The most direct translation is "Fireboy" "master" being the term usually used for those too young to be called Mister.

I say it IS rediculous.

Althea

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Like oh my god!!!! Now I have heard it all, or perhaps they will come up with another name for a female firefighter altogether. I am a firefighter and will always be one until I hang my boots up. Not a fire person, firegal, firechick etc....
    You can call me what you want but I will always be a firefighter.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    They can call us what they want, but the end result will still remain the same. Just think somewhere there is probably a 50+ page report on why we should be called a firemaster, and somebody probably got paid big bucks to do it. Whats the world comming to.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Of course the "Fairness and Diversity Forum" isn't interested in fairness OR diversity. The name says it all. Any organization that feels the need to make its name so blatantly PC is trying to hide an agenda of some sort.

Besides, kids are so non-PC they still call us "firemen" (if not "firemans").

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    To be truly PC, we should be called Fire Extinguishers, RIGHT

Anybody here ever "master" a fire, doubt it. Fought it, put it out, got burned by it, never "mastered" it.

------------------
    In Memory of those who have passed before us, may their loss not be in vain........

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Fire individual? no Fire team person! yeah thats it, like we are playing a game, whadda ya think?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It sounds more like George Lucas than Stephen King. (Jedimaster) LOL. Or maybe the movie titled "Beastmaster". Who comes up with this stupidity, must be someone with a lot of free time. Like a WebMaster?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X