Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've Read on the PG County Fire Department and seen first hand {Did a Ride Along about 3 years ago @ Co. 33- not that it counts for much} PG County is a Very Well Trained and aggressive Fire Department I even learned a few tricks during my day-long stay w/Co. 33 --- But Latley I've seen One Member after another from PG Bashing each other or somebody elses department ---- These Guys are pulling thier hoses {and not the ones that hold water if you catch my drift} I have the Utmost Respect for the PGFD But, I have herd through other people that personally know members of the PGFD that each Company is constantly having ****ing Contests with each other both on and off the Fire Grounds Up to and Including A Member Assualting another during a structure fire --- Was there a need for that ? NO I understand this happens quite a bit in PG Maybe not as physical but words are always flowing -- One Company against another --- This is Dangerous not to mention Silly --- Whether we are Vollies or Career Members we all need to respect one another and Do the Jobs we were sworn to do --- Who Cares if One Company has a Bigger Rescue Truck than the other or if someones Pumper is Yellow or White ---- Fire Doesn't care --- There are some Damb Good Firefighters in PG and then there are those Few that need to grow up and drop the macho image and realize thier s**t does stink as much as mine and yours --- I Think we all think we're better than the next guys company at times and alot of that has to do with pride which these guys in PG Have but they take the pride thing just a bit too far at times

Comment

Lumpy, I know plenty of firefighters from your area, and they are some of the best there is. I also edited my post, It did what is was meant to do, let you know how it feels to have another firefighter belittle your department in front of others, that is all i wanted to do. I apoligize if you were greatly offnded by it, i am sure you were. We ALL have our problems. Best luck in the future.

[This message has been edited by ggtruckie (edited 03-10-2001).]

Comment

My thoughts exactly

Comment

What makes one firefighter better than another? IS it being paid? Is it being a volunteer? Is it the department we are on? Is it our methods in attacking a fire? How about cutting a car apart?

I don't understand why exactly some of us attack others. We ALL do the same job don't we?

Just remember people....
          United we stand...
          Divided we fall...

We MUST remain each others backup. If there are four of us, and 1 is from a department we do not care for, does that mean we throw out the "Two In, Two Out" rule?

Let's get in the program and remember that when it comes down to brass tacks, when the feces hits the fan, WE...yes ALL of us, are the only thing between life and death. Lose sight of that, and you lose sight of our purpose on this rock.

Just my .02

Your brother in the service,
          Rob

Comment

From a firefighter that rode with Lumpy in the past, you can bet I'd be proud to have him boss any apparatus that I was assigned to.

Former DCVFD member
            Jeff Beall

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...