Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What purpose does it serve?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What purpose does it serve?

I think this will probably get shut down, but, what the heck.

I've been reading all the posts about PG county, and unfortunately all the attacks. In the grand scheme of things, what does this accomplish?
    I've worked with a joint fire dept, on both depts. And words have been exchange between the two depts since we joined. And after working with both, i see how well we could work together if we put our differences aside. I also realize this happens everywhere, as proven by the posts about PG.

So my question is, what point does all this bashing serve?

I could not agee more.....!!!

Comment

You've hit the nail on the head. It doesn't solve anything all it does is make things worse. The only thing that is accomplished is creating more bad blood.

Comment

Then again, there are those of us who see PG in the post title, and never even open them....

Comment

Bashing solves nothing,but its the same anywhere in the country. Having been a member of two all Volunteer and one paid Volly I have realized that we have the same arguments or differences just different names and faces around here I just sit back and laugh and when I have too step in and play peace keeper.

------------------
          SBrumley
          Captain WRVFD

Comment

RJE you got it right man!! If it says PG anywhere in the title I don't even see if its worth reading as I know it will be waste of time from the beginning, the web team should open a PG forum so that these guys can pound the crap out of each other in their own little area.

Comment

I'm with you. To me, PG stands for Petty Garbage and I avoid those threads. I am always suspicious when people brag too much and denigrate others. Yeah, yeah, you're the best ... now tell me something I can learn from.

Comment

Originally posted by RJE:
                Then again, there are those of us who see PG in the post title, and never even open them....
                Yeah, and I'm probably one of them. I opened it the first day it was up, and came back a few days later to find that it had mutated into about twelve pages.

Althea

Comment

I can tell you exactly what purpose "bashing" serves... it gives those with no wit or true understanding of what the f*** is really going on a way to vent their Neanderthal-based anger at their intended targets, and to make it seem as if they really give a damn about what is going on around them. I've seen it all too often, and so often ignorance is shown through an open mouth. God, people... I've said it before... think about the consequences of your actions before you go off half-cocked... I'm with you, fellas...

Comment

- Now does everyone understand what I meant when I said that in my opinion I thought that a lot of PG guys were arrogant??

------------------
                    "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

Comment

Well put...Lumpy

Comment

Deleted

[This message has been edited by ggtruckie (edited 03-10-2001).]

Comment

I don't understand why they want to get into a departmental dispute for the whole world to see. Talk about public image, imagine all the people who come here just to see what firefighting is all about and all they see are departments (Stations) bashing each other. It shows a real lack of intelligence.

------------------
                          Leon Bass
                          SWVFD Station 16

------------------------
                          Disclaimer:
                          These are my opinions and do not reflect the views of my department.

Comment

Folks, the PG forums are just one example of bashing, but hello, aren't we doing the same thing right here by criticizing those posts and the posters???

1627 triggered my brain here and I think we all need to take a step back and realize that these forums, and most others on the internet are in a public domain for any Tom, Dick or Harry to read and form an opinion about. And no, this isn't targetted at PG guys, career guys, volunteers, etc. It is targetted at the fire service in general (including myself). We need to use these forums to be constructive and address people's questions in a mature and civilized manner so that when Taxpayer Jones stumbles in to the forums he reads mature, educated posts not petty teenage arguing. Somehow he might form a little better opinion of us if he saw that rather than some of the BS that's currently sitting out there waiting to be used against us when we least expect it! And believe me, every good opinion helps because it is one less in the negative column!

And GGTruckie -- thanks for keying in another example of the antagonistic posts we shouldn't be letting out for anyone to read!

Comment

Thakns for the backing, FFtrainer... and yes, GG, I guess you could say that I am familiar with that fire. I was the officer on the second-in engine on that fire, and am WELL aware of what happened afterwards. I can tell you this... "bashing" ocurred on BOTH sides, and neither benefitted from it. I even posted a message on Local 2598's guest book about the "bashing" and recieved thanks from those on both sides, at least those who were smart enough and honest enough to take a good hard look at the issue and make their own informed decision about what went on, and how to fix it. I can definitely say that the media didn't say much about that first due engine, but the rest of us took quite the emotional beating over it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone... that's why my stance stays the same -"either work constructively to improve what you have, or find somewhere else to work or volunteer" -almost a direct quote.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X