Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our busiest station ,fire wise is our Central Staion, it is downtown in the oldest part of the city. But,if you are going by incident volume it would be Kents Pond, because Central doent have a Rescue, so it doesnt get as much medial runs

Comment

Let's face it, socio-economic standing is inversely proportional to working events. Wealthy people don't stab each other, ride bikes at night, heat homes with shabby little kerosene heaters. Their homes meet code and are well maintained. If you look at all of the names listed (PG 33, DC10, SF1, Boston Rescue 1, Richmond Quint5) none of them are in "well off" areas.

I do have a problem with my fellow brothers bashing those who run medic locals. DC engines go on medic locals because of politics not by choice.

Regardless of what calls we go on (sprained knee all the way to a working structure fire), we are serving our fellow man. Let us never forget that

Comment

I have worked in many areas of this city (DC), and I can can tell you that you are most likely to go to a working fire in economically and socially depressed area. I think this is true of most cities. The more trash and vacant buildings you see lining the streets, the more likely it is that that area has a high call volume and and a high number of working icidents. Companies in downtown areas may run a lot of calls, but their ratio of runs/working fires ain't all that great.

By the way, New York City keeps yearly stats on what they call OSW's (occupied structural workers). Last year, Tower Ladder 44 in the Bronx had the most OSW's in the city, and probably the most in the country, too.

Comment

Originally posted by DCFD1051:

By the way, New York City keeps yearly stats on what they call OSW's (occupied structural workers). Last year, Tower Ladder 44 in the Bronx had the most OSW's in the city, and probably the most in the country, too.
          OSW's do not include structure fires in buildings that are unoccupied. TL44 is in a heavy residental area. Some companies in Brooklyn see as many fires as TL44, however ,there are more vacant run down buildings in Brooklyn.
          Eng 298 ran 5148, Eng 96 worked 4328 and Eng 42 had 579 OSW's
          Lad 138 ran 4382, Lad 4 worked 3343 and Lad44 had 648 OSW's.
          note- numbers are our last published Runs&Workers (99)

Doc DC3

Comment

Must be nice to actually see fire once in a while!! MY town averages a whopping 2 working structure fires every year. Although we do get quite a few vehicle fires. Basically EMS is the VAST majority of our runs. Every fire company in my town also runs a BLS rig. My company ran 850 calls last year 653 were either EMS or MVA's... the rest were either car fires, AFA's, or station coverage for our M/A towns... oh yeah, I almost forgot the 1 structure fire...HA!! But, being volunteer and being as I live in town, I'm pretty happy we don't have many more fires. Be safe all.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X