Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Busiest Companies

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busiest Companies

What kind of areas are you busiest companies in? Are they in areas in need of urban renewal? Are they in high population areas? Are they in areas with alot of high-rises? Tell about these areas and what kind of equipment is assigned to them. We have two engines that are always going back and forth about who is the busiest. One is in an area with alot of apartment complexes and high-rises, with just a few residential areas. The other is in a area that is just a potpouri of everything that you can think of.

Based on Stats...New York Ciy os the busiest, but that encompasses everthing.

Comment

Engine 10 of Washington D.C. is the busiest engine in the nation. There response area consists of everything from row houses to garden apartments to industrial/commercial areas to high rises. I think that the busiest companies usually are in economically troubled, densely populated areas.

[This message has been edited by gicci (edited 03-05-2001).]

Comment

Not true.. Engine 1 from San Francisco Fire Department beat 10 engine last year, and I am sure, thanks to some stupid dispatching procedures there, they will be up around 7200 calls this year.
        Their response area is the downtown area by pac bell stadium made up of residential hotels and high rise. They basically do laps around their district. They have a HUGE homeless population in their area, which is the main reason for the call volume.

Comment

Actually they didn't beat 10 engine last year. The run stats were sent in but they said they didn't receive them. DCFD Local 36 sent a letter to Firehouse Magazine to clear that up, but I don't know what came out of it.

Comment

Anyone can have 3000 first responder calls......Who is the busiest engine/truck in the USA for occupied structural working fires???

------------------
            "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

Comment

Army truck

Nice rip on Engine 10. Did you have your feelings hurt there too like you did in Pg County? Actually it is more than 3000
              medicals. Maybe if you are lucky enough to get hired in Philly you'll be assingned to some company that runs a bunch of medicals like that. Of course "anyone can do it like you said.

Comment

I didn't get the impression ArmyTruck was directly slamming DCFD's Engine 10...the way I read it, he was just asking for the busiest firefighting company vs. who leaves the house the most.

Could we perhaps not get our knickers in a twist over stupid things, folks?

I haven't been reading the posts on PG county, and if that's the type of irrelevant "slamming" that's in them, I'm not missing anything.

I wish the Forum folks would start up a "Pointless ****ing Match Page" and all the career/volly, EMS/non-EMS. E-One/Pierce, leather/rubber, and bunker/fatigue combatants could go duke it out there, and leave everyone else out of it...

Comment

Rs-1 Alum....that wasn't meant to be a rip, if it sounded like that, my apologies....But since you brought it up- what's wrong?? Does the truth hurt??? Does it **** you off that while E10 is out tossing band-aids, somewhere else some other company is getting more WORK???? Hmmm should I twist the knife in your back some more and ask who is the busiest heavy squad in the US for actual WORK????

------------------
                  "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

Comment

Lets see, total running, that would be E-33. I think they did about 4400 last year. They are in a mostly high rise district, and have lots of schools in there first due area.

Busiest fire Company, That would be Rescue 2. 2200 plus calls, 950 building fires. That makes them the busiest running FIRE company in New England. Rescue 1 and ladder 23 had about 500 total fires each.

Brockton squad A I seem to recall is the busiest running Squad in the Nation, but they do everything from Medicals, to outside fires, to central station alarms. I think they run about 25% of all the City of Brockton running.

------------------
                    ** The opionions are mine and mine alone, they are not that of my dept or the local**

Comment

DCFD Engine 10 mite have to push band-aids. But when it comes down to get to work. Engine 10 is one of the best to have on a good working fire. someone should get though head out of his xxx.

Comment

Boys, boys, BOYS...

Thanks for the actual stats there, BFD. 950 building fires is a chunk. Is that "dispatched as building fires" or actual working fires? Either way, it's a lot!

Richmond's busiest company (Quint 5) had just over 3000 runs - both fire and EMS. It's also our only platform.

Comment

bfd...give me a break Boston, an excellent FD, ain't doing the work like they used to(like most depts.) It's real difficult to tell who's doing the work anymore, occupied structural workers stats get inflated, AFA's schew things, a lot of areas have companies on top of each other, whatever.

Sure, the dime gets a lot of hype but they get a job at least every 72 hrs. Yeah, a lot of nickel and dime but it sure beats smells and bells all night. On the other hand, after twenty med locals who give a f*&^ about a job.

Comment

Your correct DC, Boston is not as active as they used to be, they used to run 10 to 12 fires a day on average, to day we run about 5 a day.

I took the stats from the company, your correct, Rescue worked 721 Building fires, 14, Transport fires, That could be either ship, train, plane, or car, 221 other fires. Add them together you get 956 fires for the year.

I have the company stats that i will e-mail anyone who wants them. Below is the code we use.

http://www.geocities.com/emba.geo/incident.html

------------------
                            ** The opionions are mine and mine alone, they are not that of my dept or the local**

[This message has been edited by bfd1071 (edited 03-09-2001).]

Comment

The busiest engine and truck company in Prince George's County, Kentland (33), is in an economically depressed, highly populated area. A lot of their second and third due is the same too. Most of the busiest companies in this county are in those types of places.

------------------
                              Phil Clinard
                              Laurel VFD
                              Prince George's Co Sta 10
                              Laurel, MD
                              www.laurelvfd.org

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola