Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

BUSH

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUSH

Elect an idiot, receive and idiot. Pad the pockets of the oilmen Georgie. Bet you and daddy never donned any PPE. Bet you and Daddy never had to scrounge for money to support a fire departmant. Lets keep the emergency services in the 70's Bonehead. Thank god the people of the emergency services are for the people, because lord knows Georgie W isn't.What if they threw an Earthquake and nobody came?????

Yet another ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you heard from.

Fire Protection is a LOCAL issue. I didn't vote for George Bush to be MAYOR of PODUNK PA, I voted for PRESIDENT of the USA.

Comment

Actually, they both did. George H. W. Bush recieved basic damage control/FF training while in the Navy. George W. Bush in the Air Guard. It's part of the job.

And how are oilmen supposed to benefit from Washington not spending money on fire depts?

But you will benefit, if he gets his tax cut passed. I guarantee it!

Comment

I believe he was refering to the oilmAn George Bush, the person. As for that tax cut, boy, that worked so well under Reagan. Thank God we didn't go into a recession because of it or anything. The econemy really could have been bad if it wasn't for that tax cut.

------------------
        Joe
        Daysleeper47
        "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
        "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."
        Youngstown Fire Department

Comment

As for that tax cut, boy, that worked so well under Reagan.

Tell us all about the failed Reagan tax cut please. Start with how much federal revenues decreased and go on to how much the democrats in congress increased spending. Please give us that history lesson.

Now dig out your US Constitution and post the section that says the feds are responsible for funding local fire protecttion. It should be easy to find. If not, here's a link for you http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

How much of your money should the feds confiscate?

Comment

I agree with jj1967, fire protection is a local issue. For everyone crying about the money that their department probably wouldn't have seen anyway, just remember one thing: When you receive Frderal $, you also get all the Federal RED TAPE that comes with it. Thanks, but no thanks. Besides, do you think Gore wouldn't have squashed it? I think he's got some trees he needed to save somewhere!

Comment

Mongo, I never said it was in the Constitution that the federal government should support LOCAL fire departments. My copy of the Constitution is almost as worn out as my Bible. I am a political science major so I know that document pretty well. My professors make me read it every night before I go to bed. As for that tax cut, it doesn't matter, you will pay one way or another. All programs dropped by the Feds will most likely be picked up by the states anyway. During Reagan's New Federalism II program in the early 1980's, the Ohio state income tax went up 90%!! So you let Bush push that tax cut through Congress, but when your state income tax comes and you pay through the nose, don't complain, becuase you will pay. And just remember who brought us these fine economic times, and don't say it was the Republicans, because we all know it was Clinton and Greenspan. Did you ever think that that increase in spending by the Democrats you mentioned is what stimulates this economy and keeps her pumping? If the government doens't spend, in the long run, no one does. The economy comes to a grinding halt and nothing moves. And that is why in 1991, we had the greatest recession this country had seen in decades, and that is why, during the Reagan presidency, the federal defecit had it largest increase ever. Just things to ponder. And just for your information, I am not for everything the Democrats throw. I am all for an increase in military spending, but I am also for welfare, humanities projects, NASA and almost every other thing Bush wanted to cut when he made his speech a couple days ago. I try and do my homework the best I can on these issues and the way I see it, no one wins.

------------------
              Joe
              Daysleeper47

[This message has been edited by daysleeper47 (edited 03-01-2001).]

Comment

I'll admit I have to agree with the fact that funding for fire service is a local issue. If your department can't afford necessary equipment then why should I have to pay for it? All the people on these forums crying about this issue have to realize that fire equipment is very expensive, how is this meazly amount of $$ (if you even get any) going to solve any of your unique problems. For those of you thinking that I don't know anything about small town fire departments, my wife grew up in a town in Michigans U.P. and their fire truck is used mostly as there tool crib for their DPS. They own 1 scba and it looks like it is 30 years old. The moral of my story is that YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! If you are not happy with the protection your town can afford, then remember this is AMERICA! You have the freedom to move where you wish.

Comment

All programs dropped by the Feds will most likely be picked up by the states anyway.

You mean they're going to be funded from where they should be? And then the cititzens will have more control over them because they have more control over who's in their state legislature and what goes on there than in the US Congress?

Wow! What a concept! I wished the founding fathers had thought of that and then we wouldn't be in this mess.

During Reagan's New Federalism II program in the early 1980's, the Ohio state income tax went up 90%!!

The fault here lies with the citizens of Ohio for allowing this to happen, not with Reagan. (But I wonder, even with a 90% increase, did they save money over what they were having confiscated by the feds?)

And just remember who brought us these fine economic times, and don't say it was the Republicans, because we all know it was Clinton and Greenspan.

Cite the year and your reference to when this "longest economic expansion in history" started. Was it with Clinton's retroactive tax increase? How about when the republicans took control of the house? Or maybe when Bush was in office. And tell us when the economy really took off.

Did you ever think that that increase in spending by the Democrats you mentioned is what stimulates this economy and keeps her pumping?

No. But that's a funny statement. Stupid me, I thought it was all of us working people that the dremocrats love to tax to death that keeps the ecomnomy pumping. People like you and me going out and working everyday or creating jobs.

If the government doens't spend, in the long run, no one does. The economy comes to a grinding halt and nothing moves.

The government can spend, no one said they couldn't. It's what our confiscated money should be spent on that's at issue.

And that is why in 1991, we had the greatest recession this country had seen in decades, and that is why, during the Reagan presidency, the federal defecit had it largest increase ever.

The democrats in Congress outspent all but one of Reagans budgets. Whose really at fault for the increase? Oh and the recession ended and this longtime expansion began in in '91.

I am all for an increase in military spending, but I am also for welfare, humanities projects, NASA and almost every other thing Bush wanted to cut when he made his speech a couple days ago.

Being a poly-sci major, you should be able to tell us which one of these is constitutional and which are uncostitutional?

By the way, you still didn't answer how much the government should confiscate from you. (you probably won't).

Comment

Mongo,

>>Tell us all about the failed Reagan tax cut please. Start with how much federal revenues decreased and go on to how much the democrats in congress increased spending. Please give us that history lesson.<<

Take a look at the budgets that Reagan proposed that were *always* bigger than the budgets that the democratic Congress approved. Take a look at Reagan's revenue projections when pushing his tax cut and how wrong they turned out to be.

The Democrats were idiots for allowing such deficit spending to occur. Reagan was an even bigger idiot for consistently demanding more deficit spending than the democrats ended up approving. We are just now emerging from the deficit mess created by Regan and implemented by the democrats. This is not a place that we should want to return to.

[This message has been edited by One-L (edited 03-01-2001).]

Comment

It's time for a change!!! 1-800-FAIRTAX
                      http://www.fairtax.org

Comment

OK, here you go...

First number is Reagans, second is congress (in billions)

1982 - 695.3 proposed - 745.8 congress
                        1983 - 773.3 proposed - 808.4 congress
                        1984 - 862.5 proposed - 851.8 congress
                        1985 - 940.3 proposed - 946.4 congress
                        1986 - 973.7 proposed - 990.3 congress
                        1987 - 994.0 proposed - 1003.9 congress
                        1988 - 1024.3 proposed - 1064.1 congress
                        1989 - 1094.2 proposed - 1144.2 congress

TOTAL 7,357.6 - 7554.9

Democrats outspend Reagan all but once (1984). But CLinton, Gore, Kennedy, Dashle and Gebhardt don't want you
                        to know that, so you don't.

Source http://reagan.webteamone.com/reagan_budgets.html and if you don't like that source, he has his sources are:
                        Budget Message of the President, FY's 81 to 89
                        Budget of the United States, FY 1993, Part 5, Table 1.3, page 5-18.
                        Proposed outlays for 1981 from 1981 FY 1982 Budget Revisions

Comment

Larry, are you ever wrong?

------------------
                          Joe
                          Daysleeper47

Comment

i say every fire dept in the us(paid or vollie), take one piece of apparatus and park it right in front of the white house.
                            and boycott this thing

Comment

Name's William, not Larry and you failed to answer the questions and back up your statements with some facts.

And you won't....

[This message has been edited by mongofire_99 (edited 03-02-2001).]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X