Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone is going to have a different opinion on this one, but here is mine. I think a combination of both looks and works best. Both have their advantages. I like a rotator light bar, and rear rotators on top, with strobes for auxillary lighting. I do like the Edge strobe bars, but I think they look best on response vehicles (cars, suv, pickups etc). On ambulances I like the lightbars that mount flush to the box and have both strobes and rotators. I think that an all strobe truck is distracting at a scene, especially if there's a lot of white strobes. On my POV I have dual strobes under the rear view mirror, and halogen flashers in the grill. So I can't really say which I like best, cause I like both.

Comment

No Mike021 we arent construction vehicles, but as Ron Moore points out in his lecture on roadway incident response, people are more familiar with construction zones and seeing the amber lights. This big directional arrows that direct people into the proper lane, amber lights and the basis for an arrow stick.
      Amber also shows up better than red and a study showed that intoxicated drivers are drawn to red flashing lights, and by putting amber on the back of the truck incidents of drunk drivers running into vehicles was reduced. If anyone has specific numbers it would be great. Perhaps someone can get ron to come on here and post some of his ideas on the subject.

Comment

alright here's how i veiw it............

being a volunteer dept. we have limited funds and a strobe package for the body is great with roteaters on the top, as for P.O.V. i go rotate all the way

------------------
        ...fire fetish???......
        ...damn right!!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse