Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until I was old enough to mature and the light came on, it was anyone who was the best at whatever I was interested in at the time.

Now that I have matured, By far my DAD is my hero, inspiration, and mentor. His adversity, dedication, and leadership instilled qualities I did not know I had until now. Funny how you realize it when your kids come along.

First on scene, last in the barn.

Comment

Dad.

Probably just like the rest of us that say dad, I wish that each of you that you had a dad like mine - and I'm sure you did.

Comment

Well first off my dad and mom for working so hard to provide a good living for me and my brother, and being role models of good, moral behavior, and also for kicking my butt when I was little and got out of line

There are many others that I see now of course I have always had fire fighters,EMS and police as mine. But some I have discovered lately are the working class, like all the janitors, road construction, garbage collection and others of the sort, these people have vary unglamorous jobs but they do it to provide for their family even when they hate their job, they could take the easy way out and be dependent on the state. Look around you and you will find more than you think

Comment

My Dad. He inspired me to join the fire department. He also inspired to make the most of my education, and continue to take training classes to further my knowledge.

Comment

When I was growing up, especially in my teens, my father and I had (more than) a few problems... and I swore I wasn't ever going to be like him. I take that back every day I live-

Dad... all I can say is thanks. I see a little more of you in me every day, and I'm still learning from you, Pops...

He had Vietnam, I've got fire... I guess we're not so far apart.

Comment

My Dad, Johnny and Roy, The firefighter who pulled me out of a burning car when I was a child (Whose name I have never been able to find out) The United States Armed Forces, and Chuck Yeager

Jim

Comment

First and foremost was my dad. He was a Command Sergeant Major in the Army Reserves and instilled in me the values I hold near and dear to my heart today. He died when I was 12. Then there was a Captain Ryan with the Bayonne N.J. Fire Department(my home town)who sort of took me under his wing when I saw him to get my first Boy Scout merit badge-Firemanship of course. Capt Ryan showed a genuine interest in me and I spent many visits to the HQ's firehouse on Avenue C to see him. He always made time for me. Never did I realize I'd end up spending over 24 years in the Fire Service partly from his influence(and the fact my grandfather who died when I was 6 months old was in the Bayonne FD for about 30 years).
                As I get older, I admire most the people taking the bold stands to fight for the rights and values I hold near and dear to my heart.
                Also it may sound really corny but I TRULY consider my Brothers and Sister Firefighters to be the ones I consider to be America's Heroes.

Best to you all

Jeff Turkel
                North Star VFD
                North Pole, Alaska

[This message has been edited by nsfirechap (edited 03-11-2001).]

Comment

I would have to say that my dad is my biggest hero. My mom is also my hero, but if it wasn't for my dad I would not know half the stuff I know today. I also would not have got involved in this wonderful profession if it wasn't for him

THANK YOU DAD!

Comment

Like most of the rest of you guys, my Father. (No disrespect to mom, of course.) I am honored that he chose me to be his son. He was, and still is there for me when ever I need him. He taught me a great deal about being a firefighter, a man, and a father. I only hope that I can be half as good as he is, and that my son will follow in his "old man's footsteps" as I have.

My sports heroes: Bobby Orr, Dwight Evans, and a guy named Ray Bourque.

Speaking of heroes......

------------------
                    AAD
                    Eng. Co. 9
                    RFD

"In all of us there are heroes... speak to them and they will come forth."

"In order for us to achieve all that is demanded of us, we must regard ourselves as greater than we are."

Comment

Smokeater-n-hellraiser, I also first thought of Generals Patton & Washington. Mostly it is anyone who does something because it is the "right thing to do", even when it is not the popular thing to do.

Comment

My Dad, Mom, EMS Coordinator, Johnny and Roy all inspired me to be a fire fighter, then to take paramedic training.

Comment

Johnny and Roy....and of course, Captain Stanley......hehe

Captain Bill

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X