Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to me we only hear when others ARE NOT talking about us. I remember viewing a tape of a tribute made on the floor of congress for 3 Iowa Firefighters killed in Keokuk. I am sure that was not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. How many race car drivers have been honored before? I bet you'd find we firefighters are ahead on the scoreboard on this one guys. So get the point, do your job because you love it and find it rewarding on an inner level not because someone may stand in front of a TV camera someday and say nice things about you. Get out there and do your job with the same intensity that you bitch!

------------------
    I shall fear no evil, for I am a Firefighter

Comment

We know the risks of our work.
      We do it day in, day out, no complaints for the greater part.
      We are preaching to the converted.

Thank God we have eachother.

Take care, stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke286:
        Why does everyone want to be considered a hero. What we do is a job, a job that needs to be done surely. But it is not the most heroic thing in the world, but then again neither is driving a car around in a circle for money.
        I Have to Agree with this 100% ...Well Spoken Smoke286 ! There are Times in the Fire Service when it seems like we're driving in Circles but that is the nature of the business. People forget us until they need us. When the Whistle Blows it's like the Curtin going up on Broadway in a way. We become Entertainers to the General Public. We reherse over and over {Training} and usually don't make an encore presentation. Like my-Self I'm Sure no one joined the Fire-Service to be labled a hero -- If you did well then you may have other issues --- We perform an often thank-less job that too often goes un-noticed but Who Cares....We as individuals or whole companies know what we did and being proud of that is applause enough. I agree a memorial is a nice way to honor Firefighters that we loose through the year {Not that any should be lost} Although We all feel it is important to honor our own the media, government, TV doesn't feel this way because like has already been mentioned It doesn't sell or Make Money for anybody like NASCAR or any other sport.

Comment

ok...ok.....ok......ok kids stop it, stop it. I have been a dragonslayer for over 14 yrs. i have laid many proud and Nobel warriors too rest. And I cried when dale died. in a way if you look at the charitersics he brought to the track you would see the following:
          he was Fearless,
          he had Integrity,
          he was a little Ruogh'
          he was full of Enthusiasm,
          he loved a good Fight,
          he was Intelligent,
          he was an all around Good guy,
          he liked the tracks Hot and smokin'
          he was Tough,
          he had endless amount of Energy,
          and,
          he stood for what was Right!!!!!
          if you take the first letter of each trait you get......FIREFIGHTER.........

THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

------------------
          SEE YA' @ THE BIG ONE!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse