Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

SCBA 2216 or 4500psi

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCBA 2216 or 4500psi

We are a small rural volunteer department looking at updating or SCBA system. We are currently using Scott 2.2's with a four bottle (4500psi) fill system. What are the advantages/disadvantages of moving to a 4500psi system with a four bottle (6000psi) fill system? We know the new bottles will be lighter and duration can be increased to 45 or 60 mins, but will the new four bottle 6000psi fill system provide us with the same capacity to fill spare bottles. Also, if we go with the higher pressure we will have to purchase a new compressor to fill the cascade bottles. Is the change worth it?

Its your choice. The department I am on looked at 4500 fiberglass lightweight bottles. Remember on these types of bottles they have a shelf life of 15 years and then their done. The company I work for switched over to all 4500 lightweight bottles approx. 15 years ago. This year we had to purchase all new bottles. It adds up quickly when your looking at 40 - 50 air packs.
    Our department went with 4500 bottles to fill our 2216 packs. A three bottle 4500 system equals a six bottle 2216 system. When we went to this size of system, our old compressor does fill them in the manual position. We wish that we had purchased a new compressor.

Comment

We did almost exactly what you are talking about. The thing I see different is that we went from 2216 30 min bottles to 4500 30 minute bottles. The new bottles are smaller, but the weight is almost the same as the old bottles. I can't feel a difference between the old and new bottles on my back. I wanted to go to 3000 psi bottles for about the same weight, and get a 40 minute bottle. I don't know if Scott does this, we are an MSA department. Well anyway, we made the change. Got new packs, new 6000 psi cascade system. We are now at the same point as before but have spent many tens of thousands of dollars! And once our system gets below 4500 psi, can't fully fill anything on the fireground from our ladder or rescue cascade systems. Then have to top them off again in the station, so have to sometimes fill bottles twice! I guess you can see I was against the idea. The MSA dealer and the air compressor company really liked it however.Good Luck!

Comment

We've just completed our transition from Scott 2.2's to 4.5's. We love them. Lightweight, low profile, whats not to like! You don't even notice your wearing a pack 1-2 hrs. later while overhauling. No more sore necks and backs. We converted 29 SCBA and got 29 new carbon fiber bottles, 58 Kevlar (reconditioned)and an 8 bottle 6ooopsi cascade system for under $25K. I'd definitely make the switch! True about the 15 year shelf life, but a good replacement plan should cover you. Ours calls for us to buy 6 cylinders a year. This also staggers the end of life dates.

This is the only opinion to have, if you're me! If not, get your own, this ones mine!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X