This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our department's slogin: "Go Big or Go Home."

Our old Pumper was called "Truck One" The unit we got to replace it was called "Truck Other One" and our new one is called "Engine One" There was debate about calling it "Truck New One," but Enigine One won in the end.

Our Captain is nicknamed "Captain Hollywood" because he has been on tv so many times. Has a big star with "Captain Hollywood" over his locker.

Comment

We have a brush truck that is a converted 5 ton military 6x6. At one of our family days one of the firefighter's daughter said that truck is so ugly that it is Double Ugly. The name stuck and it is a common thing to hear a request for "Double Ugly" to be dispatched.

Comment

My department has a name for almost all of our apparatus:

Engine 18-11: "Total Package"
        Engine 18-12: "Showtime"
        Power-Wagon 18-13: F Troop II
        Engine 18-14: not sure, but I've heard it called "Fightin' 14"
        Tower/Ladder 18:16: "Real Deal"

Comment

OUR LADDER'S SIGN BOARD HAS "WE FIGHT IT FROM THE SKY"

WE ALSO ARE SURROUNDED BY CAREER STAFF DURING THE DAY SO AS A MORAL BOOSTER WE HAVE "PROUD VOLUNTEERS 24/7" ON ALL OUR EQUIPMENT.

MY OLD DEPARTMENT HAS "NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS" AS THEIR NEW SLOGAN.
          THEIR OTHER MOTTO IS "IN A FIX CALL CALL FOR SIX"

WE USED TO SAY YOU LIGHT'EM WE FIGHT'EM BUT THAT KINDA WENT OUT THE WINDOW WITH THE NEW DAY AND AGE OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

Comment

The Station I run out of is called "Little House on the Prairie" due to it being out of town in the more rural part of the district. Since everyone says our engine is the fastest in the fleet, we call it the "Prairie Rocket".

Comment

Youngstown's station 7 is right next to Youngstown State University, who's mascot is the penguins, so I have always called Eng 7 "The Pride of the Penguins". I have never heard anyone else call it that though, but some of thier duty t-shirts have penguins on them.

------------------
              Joe
              Daysleeper47
              "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
              "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."
              Youngstown Fire Department

Comment

Ohh, and most of the stations have nicknames, or location names, based on thier neighborhood in Youngstown.
                Station 5- The Brier Hill Station
                Station 9- The Brownlee Woods or Pine Hollow Station
                Station 11- The Lansingville Station
                Station 12- The Scienceville Station
                Station 13- The Fosterville Station

Comment

Engine 5 of Delta Junction Volunteer Fire Department was called "Betty Crocker" by everyone in the community. The fire department had an old fire engine that wasn't reliable and they didn't have the funds to buy a new one - until they learned about a deal with the Betty Crocker Co. If they raised 8 million Betty Crocker coupons then the company would purchase a brand-new pumper for the town. Everyone got together and over the course of a few years they did it! They raised the coupons and the engine was delivered. They called her "Betty Crocker" from then on.
                  In March Betty Crocker wrecked, killing our Deputy Chief. The pumper had to be replaced and Juneau Fire Department gave us one of their pumpers since we couldn't afford to buy one. This new engine is called "Engine 502" in honor of our fallen hero, Chris. His firefighter number was 502.

Comment

Some refer our heavy rescue truck as the "Tool Box" and the light on top is called "The Sun" . . .

[This message has been edited by FF103 (edited 06-01-2001).]

Comment

HERE IS A FEW I HAVE SEEN AROUND TEXAS
                      THE TOWER OF POWER
                      STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN
                      THE DOGS OF WAR
                      IN MY HOMETOWN ENGINE-5 HASS THE WORDS TEQUILA ONLY JUST ABOVE THE FUEL FILL DOOR.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X