Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Gamewell station Gong! Need wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamewell wiring issues UPDATE

Again thanks to all who keep reading my amateur BS problems and continue to offer their time. I do appreciate it. I have finally wire this beast according to everybodys drawings etc. The 2nd and 3rd pin is where I want to be to supply the power for the coil on my relay when the charger contacts activate. Everyone, including myself, have assumed that I have Motorola amp charger model NRN3041A, 3042A, or 3044A. These all have the 6 pin accessory port on back. All the posted lierature clearly shows pin 2-3 as the "dry contact"

Here is the Million Dollar F-up on my part. The Motorola Amp charger I have is Model NLN4985. Yes I do have the accessory port on the back for a DIN connector only it has 5 pins not 6. With this new correct wiring as stated above, I believe that my models pin 2-3 are NOT the dry contacts because the unit will not trip my relay still. Also I get feedback out of the chargers main speaker when I hook DC power to pins 2-3. If we assume 2-3 are open till the tones activate it, there should be no reason to be getting any feedback from the base unit (open closure NO current flowing right!). This is why I think the "dry closure" might be different pins on my charger.

So I'm now trying to find different combinations for this other that just 2-3. Anyone have any pin assignments for this particular unit that isolate where the contact closure is for the NLN4985. Again Thanks for all your time.

P.S. I hope this S^@! isn't on my Lt's test comin' up

Comment

what i would do to prevent the magic smoke escape is wire the relay in the amp to another hard mount relay control switches..then the full power of the end load is going through the big relay and the little relay is just being used to trip the big relay

Comment

Gamewell bell is working!!!

Well after much input from everyone here the bell is ringing again! On this particular model I have the "dry contact closure" are pins 3 and 5. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by ffjkf55 View Post
          Well after much input from everyone here the bell is ringing again! On this particular model I have the "dry contact closure" are pins 3 and 5. Thanks for all your help.
          Awesome News - Knew you could make it happen if you stuck with it long enough. Glad you got it figured out.
          Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
          Stephen
          FF/Paramedic
          Instructor

Comment

That is great! Way to go!

Always good to preserve some of your history.
            I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

where can I get a relay to use.?

Comment

Another Option

You might consider a Federal Signal Informer http://www.federalwarningsystems.com....php?prodid=25

I used an external repeat cycle relay and diode to protect the contacts in the Informer.

Comment

There are some directions up for auction on E-bay under Gamewell fire alarm. If that does not help I have some instructions that I aquired to do the same thing you are doing except I am putting this system in my private ffrie museum at my place. I can try to copy what I have and send it to you.

Comment

http://www.veetronix.com/Web%20alert%20man.pdf

Exactly what you need in a receiver, and probably cheaper than any of the other solutions.

If you want to get really carried away, set up a motor with a wheel and switch (like the Gamewell's used) to bang out your station number...
                    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

hello, I am currently restoring a SAFA street box (Gamewell competitor), and I plan to hook it up to a bell/gong. I can't find any Gamewell gongs or bells though. I have seen videos of people converting Simplex or other fire bells to ring the box code, but I don't know how to wire that. Also, I know the boxes run on 12 volts DC 100 Milliamps, but does that change when you add a bell to the loop? Any info helps. Thanks

Comment

If you're on FaceBook, there is a Gamewell group...

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...