This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    The way the County has implemented General Order 3-6 makes no sense at all. Instead of the intended effect of less equipment on the street, it has increased the amount on each call. Not only is more equipment is on each call, it is coming from a greater distance. If the second due station gets out with extra equipment, it makes no sense to disptach a distant truck company when the second due truck gets out with 3. It seems communications is doing this even though the second due station might have 15 people on the call. Tonight I heard a chief tell communications twice to stop sending equipment on the call...that he had enough. Also, I heard communications tell the 2nd and 3d pieces from the first due station they were extra and the next engine they were 2nd due. That just confuses things because the 2nd engine from the first due station will assume the 2nd due reponsibilities.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

[This message has been edited by MB1213635 (edited 02-24-2001).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Personally I don't like the new general orders. They need to look into removing the portion that requires dispatchers to automatically call special alarms for understaffed units. I think that should have stayed under the first due chief's discretion. Would make the dispatcher's job a little bit easier.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I hope Tiburon CAD isn't as bad as everyone says it is. Here in Allegheny County, PA we are currently implementing this CAD.

[This message has been edited by Firefighter194 (edited 02-25-2001).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The new general order is giving the dispatchers a lot more to do on box and street assignments. Now they have to keep track of who is responding with what per their position on the run card, do replacements on the fly, along with listening and replying on the radio at the same time. Imagine two boxes dispatched at the same time on the south side between 1600 and 1700 (prime time for under staff due to “shift change”). Unless they have hired a few more people just to keep track of who’s responding, the dispatchers will have their hands full. Adding another BLS on certain 9I seems like a good idea. But how does the CAD figure out which companies are coming from opposite directions. If the CAD is not doing it, how much time is added to the dispatch if this task is done manually? Looking at the appendix, the four paid men at Co 22 sure have a lot of talent (how many services are there at Co 22? (dive unit 22, hover craft 22, high angle rescue 22, confined space rescue 22, haz-mat 22, truck 22, squad 22, engine Co 22, ECU 22, collapse 22 plus a few more…) if one service goes out on a call, a lot of other services that are not available any where else in the county are not immediately available.
    No plan is perfect, all we can do now is see how it works…

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Fireman902, Please enlighten us all to what General Order 3-6 is.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic PG COUNTY, MD NEW GENERAL ORDERS

PG COUNTY, MD NEW GENERAL ORDERS

This forum is only intended to see how people in PG County like the new General Order 3-6. Please do not bring any hatred in with you.

What do you think about the new forums.
    Any Lt. Colonel's, Majors, or even Dispatchers out there care to share their feelings, please do as well.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X