Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Boston FF's rescued from a roof

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston FF's rescued from a roof

Video coverage
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

WOW talk about CLOSE...

Rob

Comment

wow,it could have been worse.they were lucky despite the fire.
      "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

Comment

damn that was crazy

Comment

Did anyone else notice the K12 bounce off the roof at about 3/4's of the way through? Those brothers were lucky.
          'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Comment

I dont mean to nit-pick and be an armchair quarterback but what good are 3 means of egress when they are all on the same side of the structure?
            www.firehall.com - check it out

Comment

Awww geez. Now the calls will come saying we can't go on flat roofs either!
              I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFF View Post
                Awww geez. Now the calls will come saying we can't go on flat roofs either!
                If our job was easy a cop would be doing it.
                ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
                NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
                LT. John Ginley Engine 40
                FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
                FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
                FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
                FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
                FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
                FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
                FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
                FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
                FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
                "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
                *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Comment

Kinda close!
                  Did it look like a wind shift happened?
                  What was the hot thing being kicked around by the helmetless FF? Helmet?
                  Did the guys below the roof evacuate?
                  At the begining, when the ladder was towards the front, one FF gets on then gets off the ladder.
                  Later, when ladder gets mid-point, one gets on and takes a ride to the other roof. Then ladder shuffles the rest two at a time.
                  Maybe when ladder was at mid-point they could've leaped frogged roof-lader-roof.
                  Easy for me to what-if from the Chair/Computer Combi apparatus. But I'll try to remember from their experience.
                  Embrace the suck.

Comment

Originally posted by dadman View Post
                    Kinda close!
                    Did it look like a wind shift happened?
                    What was the hot thing being kicked around by the helmetless FF? Helmet?
                    Did the guys below the roof evacuate?
                    At the begining, when the ladder was towards the front, one FF gets on then gets off the ladder.
                    Later, when ladder gets mid-point, one gets on and takes a ride to the other roof. Then ladder shuffles the rest two at a time.
                    Maybe when ladder was at mid-point they could've leaped frogged roof-lader-roof.
                    Easy for me to what-if from the Chair/Computer Combi apparatus. But I'll try to remember from their experience.
                    To answer your questions i dont believe the wind shifted but the chopper was moving so ill leave that part to someone who was there.

The hot thing that was on fire that the FF was kicking around was his helmet.

Leapfrogging ? what if one missed its not a 5ft drop. anybody else on this leap frogging ?

Did you happen to see the ladder bounce up and the one FF at the edge go up in the air and nearly lose his balance that part gets me the most like wow that was so close to a disaster.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by firefighterkid View Post
                      I dont mean to nit-pick and be an armchair quarterback but what good are 3 means of egress when they are all on the same side of the structure?

Shut up.... you are being a nitpicking CFL arm chair quarterback.
                      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by firefighterkid View Post
                        You're right. Effective immediately, all buildings will have aerial access from at least three sides. All it will take is the demolition of every other building on the street and paving of the empty lots to support the ladder truck.

If I was truckie on the roof, I'd rather have 3 ladders to the front than one. At least in an FD like Boston, I'd know there are two other truck companies besides mine on scene.
                        -------------------
                        "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
                        -----------------------------------------------
                        Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
                          Shut up.... you are being a nitpicking CFL arm chair quarterback.
                          I don't know Chief, I was quite suprised to see the open court next door in the rear on the last few seconds of video. Seems kind of unlike BFD to not ladder the rear when it was an option unless there are other circumstances (which often there are). But this is classically why we try for two remote means of egress. I don't think I'd want to be the aerial operator either, as some of the actions seemed to be slow and required some serious flagging from the jakes on the roof.
                          Hard telling the whole story from this side of the screen as the Boston Jakes are famous for their ladder work.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesrule1024 View Post

Leapfrogging ? what if one missed its not a 5ft drop. anybody else on this leap frogging ?

Did you happen to see the ladder bounce up and the one FF at the edge go up in the air and nearly lose his balance that part gets me the most like wow that was so close to a disaster.

Rob
                            It looked like the ladder had a good bit of bounce with just one FF on it and the bounce from ladder positioning.
                            With the ladder stationary between the two buildings, was it possible to step unto the ladder from one roof, then jump/leap unto the other roof? I would've gave it a go.
                            Embrace the suck.

Comment

Bunch of damn whiners. If you don't like the job quit.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90