This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOVE TO DRINK, DO IT OFTEN, PROUD OF IT

LOVE TO FIGHT FIRE, DO IT EVERY 3RD DAY, PROUD OF IT.

HATE TO WORK WHILE DRINKING, OR IS IT DRINK WHILE WORKING? BUZZKILL

Comment

I don't agree with alcohol in any firehouse be it a vollunteer station and especially a full time department. I definitely can understand it's tough to control what anyone does while at home and their minitor goes off and they have to make that choice to respond or not. But for those firefighters with a scheduled shift? We here in metro-Detroit hear all kinds of stories from many different sources about wet houses, and I think it's a total shame.

[This message has been edited by ffnbs (edited 04-05-2001).]

Comment

we have a rule that we can't have consumed alcohol at least 12 hours prior to coming on duty and that we can't drink in uniform or while wearing anything with the department name on it. i can't believe that people would drink at the station anyway. its just not professional. hell we are supposed to be saving lives, not putting people at risk.

nobull911

Comment

"...ANY DRY FIREHALLS (NO ALCOHOL) I FEEL..."
          "...MY OPION..." "WHERE RISKING..." "...BUT NOW WHERE ADDING..." "...TO BAND ALCOHOL..."
          "...FROM ANY PUBLIC SERVICE AGENT."

Oh come on now, you can tell us. You had about six or eight beers yourself before you wrote this, right? After all, you want to convey the appearance of intelligence, don't you, since posts like these reflect upon fire service personnel all over the world.

So there must be a reason that you; a) forget punctuation, b) cannot spell words correctly [OPINION, not OPION, WE'RE, not WHERE, BAN, not BAND - that is a group of people who play music, AGENCY, not AGENT, an agent is a person who acts for another. (I won't even touch the logic of your positions on various other topics - i.e. Bluelight Bars)

This thing has a Spell Check right there next to the Submit Reply button. Please use it! I have read your other posts before and have really held back on telling you this before.

You just do not do any of us any good by putting out messages that look as if a grade-schooler wrote them.

I am sorry, but that is the bottom line here.

Comment

Dr. Law you idiot: First of all I am allergic to alcohol all types. 2nd Why should there be drunk fireman going to calls. 3rd My spelling is fine, maybe you should put that bottle down and look at the words correctly. You,KeithA8,SFDE12 are the only real hipicrits to these posts. Dr. Law prove to me that there should be alcohol in the fire service and what's wrong with being concerned with being seen going to a call with a colored light. It sounds maybe like your not ready to shave or ready to grow up HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY

Comment

Here something else to think about. I know of several Fire Companies here in Pennsylvania that have Firemen's clubs.
              These are actual drinking establishments such as the one mentioned and others. I do not know there individual policies regarding alcohol and going on calls though. I would hope there strict ones.
              These Fire Departments use the clubs to help fund there departments. Which I think the idea of a Department doing something to help support itself is a good idea. It shows we are willing to work to support ourselves.
              What does every one think?

Comment

I don't know what you are, a kid, an adult, or a kid trying to act like an adult, but I suggest that you read your own post. I was quoting YOUR OWN WORDS just as YOU WROTE THEM. Please show me the dictionary that spells the word Opinion like you did, "Opion".
                If you wonder why KeithA8 and others are on your case, you ought to just take a step back and see whether or not you are making yourself look ignorant. Hint, you are! You even spelled hypocrite wrong! As far as this response to my criticism of your post, you used irrelevant and immaterial arguments, further proving you just do not have a clue and giving further fodder for others to point at your posts and wonder what is that person thinking, or is he even thinking.
                Finally, this will be my last word on this, but I am quite sure that you will not let this lay and learn from it.
                (KeithA8, any odds on whether I get a flippant response or not?)

[This message has been edited by Dr. Law (edited 04-06-2001).]

Comment

Since this post was about drinking in the fire service I was not going to reply because I hope that anyone who is smart enough to be hired as a firefighter knows the responsibilities that go along with the job. But DFD 132 should really get his act together and look in the mirror, as soon as someone mentions his inadequacies in spelling, grammar or using his brain for that matter he reverts to the immature practice of name calling and slinging mud on a "brother". As for going off on guys like KeithA8 and the likes of them they could probably show you more in a hour than you could learn in a life time so save yourself the embarrassment and keep your posts to the junior and explorer forums. Have A Fantastic Day.

[This message has been edited by dr inferno (edited 04-06-2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by DFD132:
                    3rd My spelling is fine, maybe you should put that bottle down and look at the words correctly. You,KeithA8,SFDE12 are the only real hipicrits to these posts.
                    Really? You misspelled "hypocrite" again.

It sounds maybe like your not ready to shave or ready to grow up HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY
                    FYI, that's "you're" not "your." And if you actually want to be treated like an adult, you're going to have to learn to act like one.

As for the blue lights, you've been harping on them since your first posts two months ago. Whining and name calling isn't going to change anything. If you really think the laws should be changed then get active in politics and write your legislative representatives. Tell them *why* you believe the law should be changed and be ready to back up you opinion with facts.
                    Just do *something* more constructive than whining on a computer BBS.

------------------
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    8 years fire captain
                    20 years fire service
                    BS Fire Science
                    FO-II,FSI-II,SO,HMT,PSE
                    Past Volunteer

Comment

I was having a fantastic day, then I saw in another thread where DFD claims to be a 10-year firefighter and a 1st Lt. as well.

Now that is just plain scary.

Think about this. Here we have a 1st Lt. with 10 years on who does not know how to spell or use spellcheck, cannot use reason, reverts to name calling and minor obscenity, who cannot figure out how to get legislation going to help his 'cause' for blue lights, and - also from another thread - cannot manage the personnel in his fire department.

Now, last I knew, persons who held rank were supposed to be proficient in personnel management, since they are supposed to be supervising. They should conduct themselves with conduct becoming an officer as opposed to conduct unbecoming - i.e. namecalling, etc..., and should be sufficiently resourceful that if they have a problem, they can figure out the problem, find a solution, and implement it.

Maybe something has changed in the fire service to allow this type of behavior, but I sure have not read about it in Firehouse Magazine, Firehouse.com, Fire Chief Magazine, Fire Engineer Magazine or any other publication, training film, etc...

A 10-yr. 1st Lt. eh? Scary, if true.

Agree with you there Macsen on your suggestions to this guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Dr. Law
                      10-yr Volunteer Fire/Rescue
                      Past Dept. President
                      BA
                      JD
                      FFII
                      Certified in 3 states as police officer,
                      and holder of a few other hats, as well.

Comment

I've said it before, I am saying it again!!

NO ALCOHOL during ANY type of ON DUTY FD activity, PERIOD! You want to drink after the volly parade? FINE! TAKE OFF YOUR UNIFORM, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF IDENTIFICATION, and get a ride home! But you are absolutely forbidden to ride on my apparatus for at least 24 hours!!! You want to have some beers after the board meeting?? Fine. Go to the bar down the street from the station, because there IS NO BEER IN THE STATION!! As for those companies that have bars in the station- Grow up, slaughter all the dinosaurs, outlaw the "good ole' boys", and take axes and K-12's to the bar!! Not only do you look like a bunch of morons to the citizens of the community, you are creating a massive liability for the department, NOT TO MENTION PUTTING THE LIVES OF YOUR BROTHERS AT RISK!!!

WHEN DOES THE INSANITY END???

------------------
                        "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

Comment

As Stated By Armytruckcompany:

"As for those companies that have bars in the station- Grow up, slaughter all the dinosaurs, outlaw the "good ole' boys", and take axes and K-12's to the bar!!"

Army your right about SOMETHINGS..but saying that we are making ourselves look like morons is just plain wrong in my opinion..Yes..I also agree bars shouldn't be allowed but they are in some firehouses and that's that....I'm not trying to argue with you I'm just saying this because The town next to me have bars in certain firehouses and the residents of the town have so much respect for them and the residents know about the bars too. But these guys train all the time..have an awesome response time no matter what time of the day and are never short staffed only on certain rare occasions, but they are also strict with the alcohol rule....They have special crews when they have Department Functions and make sure they can handle a decent sized incident out of the 5 firehouses they have 10 Guys on crews from each firehouse....only 5 per truck though..if a call comes in..and the other 5 guys standby at the station if needed then they go...so that leaves the Department with 50 FF's if needed...this plan hasn't let them down yet....they even had a structure fire after a parade and had more than enough man power to operate on scene...So don't go calling ALL of the departments that have bars in them morons and saying they should grow up, cause like I said alot of the departments who have bars act responsibly & professionally. thats just my $.02

------------------
                          Andrew
                          South Amboy, New Jersey
                          Explorer Engine 6 So. Amboy Fire Dept & Cadet Morgan FAS
                          "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"

[This message has been edited by Engine58 (edited 04-06-2001).]

Comment

DFD132 we are going to have a talk later you know who this is!!!

Comment

ok..I bite my tounge...BUT

You say the citizens know about the bars, and they respect the Department...But I wonder what they REALLY wonder, deep down...about a bar being inside a "respected" organization????

And what about the liability?? What about putting the lives of their own members, as well as the lives of members of mutual aid companies at risk?? I dont know about you, but if I were ever injured in the line of duty, and it were traced back to someone from another company that "had a few" and thought they could handle it.....well...lets just say that the trucks would have my name on the sides of them!!!!

Moron was pretty bad..I apologize. But bars in stations, respectable or not, is just silly in my mind.

------------------
                              "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

Comment

You guys sound like a bunch of crabby english teachers.LOL
                                (I even used spell check here to make sure I wouldn't get yelled at)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X